Stargate news but SPOILER

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Repeat this contains a Stargate SPOILER.

A member of the Stargate team is leaving this season, and that is Daniel Jackson (Michael Shanks). I can tell you he will not be killed of but something does happen to him, and he will not be the same, and I don’t mean changed into an other actor.
    The reason for his leaving the show is that he feels the plots are needing his character less.

Can anyone remind me how Colonel Harry Maybourne went rouge, was he running an other Stargate and pinching artifacts off other planets?
    I must say the show seems to get better and better, I like the role of Maybourne and I love Jack O’Niel sardonic humour, oh yes the plots.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    He has said though that he would like to be in the movie spin-off, so his character probably wont change that much

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    I think this episode is on this coming Wednesday.

Oh I was right about Colonel Harry Maybourne went rouge.

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Maybourne did run another SG team for black ops to steal goodies, the two in Sentinal ep where part of his offworld team. You find out in Shades of Grey ep. BTW, the Frank Simmons (John De Lancie [Q]) character I find much better than Maybourne cause he really is a NID agent in his copious levels of deviousness - thinks to moment where he shoots Jack (RDA) in back!

Don't read if don't wanna know what happens to MS,
    remember Oma osala's lot, (see Maternal Instinct and Absolute Power eps., the latter is a heavy MS one that rocks) converts him into a pure energy life form like she and her kind are after he gets fataly radiated. MS will be in the film. But none of them will be in Stargate Atlantis a forthcoming spin off series.

5. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not meaning to be picky, but Maybourne went rouge? :D

I think you mean he went rogue... he didn't turn a nice shade of red did he? :eek:

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Actually he did for a bit when he went Commi' - Watergate ep. with the lovely Miss Sirtis. <puts the anorak away>

7. alan

alan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive recently got into stargate....the first episodes I watched a few years ago I thought were pretty dull then just before christmas I seen the one with the replicators...and got hooked.

Ive recently bought all the r2 dvds...can anyone tell me if there are any episodes left out from the dvd releases....I seem to be missing some of the plot somewhere??

8. MartinB

MartinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The DVDs are only complete from Disc 2 which starts Season 2, disc 1 is a best of season 1. Some of season 1 turn up to fill space on the end of season discs, a bit of a mess really.

Martin.

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Don’t forget its the last of this series, this week.

10. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So how long do we suffer with no wednesday new stargate?!

ad

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    About 6 months I take it, I think they do about 26 episodes a year. If they do less just take that from a year and that will be your wait.

12. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Up date on the above, the do 22 episodes a year, so you are looking about 7 months to the new series.

13. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    so any idea what we get in its place? Are we not almost due some sort of spin off series.....or am i only saying that cos someone else already mentioned it....well anyhow....so whats to replace it? and dont say ER or that sort!

ad

14. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    I got the S1 pack last year from dvdboxoffice.com. Good packaging as it has individual cases, plus extras for rather less than what you pay per disc for a season in good old rip off UK!
    There is a spin off to come - I think I said above - Stargate Atlantis but not started yet. Also a film to be made.

15. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    I know where the Goa'uld are getting the new technology, there getting it from the Star Wars universe and the even brought a clone of Emperor Palpatine back with them (last of the series).

By the way I do not think that blast of air at the end of the series was meant to be a cliff-hanger.

16. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bloody power cut... missed the last ten minutes after the final ad break!!!!

What happened :confused:

17. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +649
    Warning, I've been embibing...
    Asgard scientist waiting on cargo vessel > Sam in lab tries direct Jack and Teal'c to chrystals lower shield with holgram (wouldn't mind walkiing up through her, huh huh, beer) > Teal'c and Jack ambush Jaffa get their weapons zap 'em, find chrystals > Sam in lab goes oh think I hear sommit > J & K see her image get zatt'd > J&K ponder over which chrystal to pick out > Sam is surrounded by Osiris and her Jaffa (another bird who's begging for a zap to calm her down + don't you think she was chosen for that Sigourney Weaver type hang jaw look Sha-wing) who demands where Daniel is, Sam tells her to go to hell and so Osiris gives her a fisting with the hand device stylie zap to brain > Sam resists but tells Osiris he's toast > Osiris don't belive her so Zappie time again with brain drain pain hand device > Jack and Teal'c can't decide which chrystal to pick so Jack goes ah sod it and staff weapons the lot > ship goes broooh power drain, at peltak Anubis sais some one get out and push > Osiris still draining Sam when she gets beamed away and she looks ****ed and also J&K and Thor to cargo ship > they say let's scram, Thor sais leave me cause thwey got tap on me with brain spike thing (that's gotta call for Lemsip Strength) > leave planet but get shot up and hyperdrive not working (no Chewie when you need him) > Anubis Jaffa have managed restart and give the big 'un pub talk stylie (forgets to insult their sisters though) > they go what we gonna do, scientist Asgard suggests suicide destroy evidence, Jack sais anyone got good plan! > they look knackered then three mofo sized Asgard drinking man's ships appear and say "Leave it, Anubis" > he sais the beer is sh*t in here anyway and leaves > Jack sais "That's it!?" > turns out info from the droid girl they were looking for helps out and are finally knocking off the Replicators and making a killing in Japan > and then back on Earth Teal'c thinks may be Anubis will want 'em for a rematch drinking comp' later but Jack sais nah and insults Anubis' sister > then a 'strange' draft rustles their hair in the corridor - (well, not Teal'c solar powered sex dome) > they decide go out for meal and as getting in lift Jack feels breeze again and gives a wry grin suggesting Daniel is about and plays for both teams and insults his sister. The end.
    Stop grating your teeth, oh that's me. Tea and smoke time.

18. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Encaser...

So... can anyone tell me what happened at the end of Stargate or what? ;)

19. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Was that sarcasm?
    Anyway as above.
    Or.
    From where Jack and Teal’k got on the Goa'uld ship.
    They made there way to the power crystals, so the could drop the shields and ring out, unfortunately when they beamed in the transmission was spotted.
    Gas from the engine room was leaked into the decks where they were and they was over come and taken prisoner.
    Thor had a device implanted in his brain to down load information though the ships main computer.
    The Goa'uld sent some low level gliders down the planet and the sensors picked up the Asgard base, they decided to blast there way in.
    Thor whilst connected to the computer got into it and freed Jack and Teal’k.
    Sam then got in touch with them giving them directions, Jack and Teal’k got to the crystals but Sam said I think I can here something behind me, back on the planet Osiris has arrived enforce and stun her, Osiris then interrogates her using the hand/brain thing saying she has Jack and Teal’k but where’s Daniel Sam initially resist but eventually tells here Daniel is dead.
    Back on the ship Jack decides to trash all the crystals with the staff.
    They are then beamed out with Thor and Sam to the cargo ship with the other Asgard guy.
    The ship is spotted and their propulsion device is knocked out.
    Fortunately 3 Asgard battle-cruisers turn up, and say, these are better than the one you downed.
    Osiris backs off.
    Back on Earth they found the info they gave the Asgard helped them with the replicators, but the bad news is Thor is in a coma,( shame I like that little guy), and even though the implant has been removed, the Asgard do not understand the implant if they did they could help Thor. It is also explained Anubis has got some advanced technology from somewhere, explaining his rapid rise in power.
    Sam, Jack and Teal’k go for a meal there is a waft off air, Sam what was that, Teal’k, perhaps a malfunction in the ventilation system. Just as Jack is getting in the lift another waft of air passes by, he then gives a knowing wry grin.

:cool:Ruby quartz shades.

20. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Cheers both, Encaser for the quite entertaining, 'down the pub' account, and Garrett for the one I understood. ;) Much appreciated.

I do like shows that feel secure enough not to leave us with some stupid, extreme cliffhanger.

21. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Yes unlike Alias for the last two weeks has had a cliff-hanger, yet last weeks concluded the weeks before story in 5 minute.

PS. There was a power cut here this morning.

22. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm finding Alias a little boring...

It doesn't seem to have that... 'thing' that makes a show great, that makes them gel.

23. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    is that episode repeated......for some reason i forgot about it!

ad

24. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    Pointon did you see the Stargate repeat, if not I think they are showing the episode again on Wednesday again before the start the new series.

25. Torque

Torque

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only 8 days to go....:D

26. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Indeed they are. TiVo will have to catch it as I'm far too busy putting together an evidence portfolio for work. Bloody knackered.

27. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I do love emails into my box to tell me important things like this!

This wednesday? 8pm? I havent watched sky in about 3 months!

ad

28. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I know this sounds a bit simplistic, but I just checked the Radio Times (web). Looks like the next series carries straight on next week.

29. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,366
    That what I meant with
    Easier still, see the Sky Mag it states the new series starts weekly on the 23rd, albeit TBC.

By the way not far out on the 7 months from the date of the original quote quoted.:D

30. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hadn't noticed this thread had been raised from the dead. That explains why it seems so dated. 7 months was a good guess!