1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stargate atlantis

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by raigraphixs, Mar 11, 2005.

1. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,141
    Hi,

Caught up with the season final last night, and just when things were hotting up, it finished, so we have to wait now!, to find out how it pans out.

I like the wraith, they are quite menacing of all the enemies on most sci-fi shows and my favourite. The fight with the darts over the city was quite impressive. Shame SG-1 (o'neil,etc) did not appear to help them out too.

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    What I found strange was that the trailer to it had a mention of SG-1 coming to save them and also the description on the EPG mentioned a guest appearance from General Hammond. Unless it was a very brief appearance i don't recall him in the episode.

3. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I think they meant Stargate Command were coming to help not SG-1. As for Hammond he was not in it , only his name was mentioned.

4. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Isnt he on in the first episode of the following season? Dont mean to spoil it for anyone, but i remember him being in that!

5. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    It must be my age creeping up on me (46) but I loved the Stargate film, still do, liked the first 5 or 6 Stargate series then I thought they were pushing it a series, or two, or three too long, then they launch Atlantis. Same programme different location, no new ideas. and I'm sorry to say I won't be watching series 2 as I think it's poor.

If it is my age then why do I still watch Star Trek and thought the start of the new series of Enterprise was great?

6. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    lets not make this a Startrek VS Stargate thread shall we?
    As much as I love startrek I feel the current show is going down the pan. I said so from the very begining of the show, and low and behold, its been canceled!
    Stargate is mainly supported by the fans of the show, and wouldnt be where it is today without them. In a way you could say its a show for the fans. So in that respect it doesnt need to be perfect.
    Startrek on the other hand, is a show that is supposed to be for everyone and therefore has a certain "responsability" to be good. And in my opinion it isnt at the moment.

Stargate was a breath of fresh air for me and I continue to enjoy it. It has come a long, LONG way since its humble beginings!

7. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Surely after all these years the reverse is true ST has had a huge fan base for years and doesn't need to cater for everyone. Their problem is that after so many shows it must be almost impossible not to repeat used stories, so I would imagine all future based series will be shorter, not the STTNG type length. SG's only been going a relatively short time and already running out of things to do.

And no I'm not a trekkie or anything else. I just enjoy these type of shows. Nothing more.

8. Sick Note

Sick Note

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Guys the easiest thing to do is go here for all your SG-1 and Atlantis needs

9. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Been there before but cheers.

10. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    Didn't know they had even made the next series yet??

11. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Well I read it on Gateworld that he does make an appearance. Couldnt tell you when though!

As for Startrek, well I do hope it keeps going and the decide to make something better that the fans actually want.

(nobody called you a trekkie idoexist! Sounds like your ashemed to admit it! :D )

12. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    :D

No, honest I'm really not.

13. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was a bit dissapointed tbh, the "oh no everyone is doomed" cliffhanger is so cliche. You just know that something strange will happen in the first episode of the next series to make everything ok again. I've prefered the last couple of series of SG-1 where they haven't bothered with a cliffhanger.

14. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I saw the Stargate: Atlantis finale yesterday, and I have to say I was disappointed by it. :(

Firstly, I would have preferred the two-part story "The Siege" to have been one, double-length episode, rather than split up in the way it was. It just seemed to loose so much momentum between the two halves.

Secondly, as others have already stated, the "Oh God, we're all doomed" ending was one hell of a giant cop-out! This was a real disappointment, because I've really enjoyed SG Atlantis! It's had some great stories, and some brilliant effects for a TV science-fiction show. So why end Season 1, on such a complete downer like this, with .... Well, I won't spoil it, just in case some of the Forum members haven't seen it yet!

I hope Season 2 is as good, and that the first episode resolves the "Siege" storyline well, otherwise I'm going to be really frustrated.

Pooch

P.S. Wasn't the visiting SG Commander from Earth, a total git?! What a horrible character he was! He definitely deserves to be killed off! And let's hope we have more of Dr McKay in Season 2, as the verbal sparring he has with many of the other characters, are truly great gems of script-writing! They're often very :rotfl: as well as being very :cool: !

15. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    They havent, they have only just started filming Season 2 of Atlantis and Season 9 of SG-1 so will be awhile yet before we get to see what happens but I am looking forward to it.

16. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I have to say that although I have followed atlatis from the start I have found the whole series a bit (bin there done that sort of thing) however I found the last episode very good and will be tuning in to see the next season to see what happens.

17. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I only got into SG1 after series 4, rapidly bought al the dvd's and been watching it ever since. So after the last couple seasons which weren't quite up to scratch I was quite excited by the thought of Atlantis.

Anyway while not as exciting as I had imagined, Atlantis was def better than SG1 where lets face it, nothing much happened this series.

Things are looking up for SG1 though, the casting of Farscape fav Mr Bowder must surely provide the shot in the arm the next season needs. :clap:

18. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,056
    I think with SG-1, S9 is make or break. Either the new cast members work or the series will probably finish at the end of S9.

19. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    SG-1 Series eight [EDIT: NOT S9: S9] was a bit slow, I hope the next series will be better.

Atlantis has been superb, but the cliffhanger ending was such a dissappointment, I hate cliffhanger endings!

I think the EPG was a mistake and has given away the plot for the next episode, I reckon Hammon turns up in the new battlecruiser with the new ZPM. The battlecruiser is then given to Atlantis and with a new injection of personnel, Atlantis powers up its defenses and hey presto :).

I did like the twist mid way through the series about the Wraith actually being created by the Ancients as a mistake. Remember that bug that attached itself to Shepperd?

Great stuff :). The Wraith are the most menacing race in a sci fi series since the Borg in STTNG.

20. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    You must have found the Ancients Time Travelling Puddle Jumper to have seen Season 9 already :D

21. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    :D Of course, I meant S8 :) :suicide: <---mental note. must read before hitting submit

22. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

They certainly hit the ground running but I don't think they have been developed as stongly as they could have been.
    It will be interesting to see if we learn more about the race that developed that virus and if it was indeed a weapon to kill humans to deny the Wraiths a food source.