Starfox Adventures!!!!!

hdrees

Standard Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Starfox shipped from Dvdboxoffice an hour ago woho, just got to find the last 3 blue coins on mario now!

It seems a little suspect to me....

I always live by the old games adage......

If there are no reviews before release then the game is usually bad.

You would have thought with a release like Starfox Adventures they would be keen to get copies out to magazines/online sites for review. I haven't seen one review.... nor hardly any recent in depth previews of this game. I hope I am wrong but this is a title I would not have pre-ordered as I suspect it will be a let down.

Also made me suspicious how a couple of sites were offering it in pre-order specials when you pre-order Mario....... sounds like Nintendo are not too impressed by the game either.

Iplayed a demo of starfox adventures in the US a few weeks ago, only for 10 minutes but it didnt really grab me either tobe honest... we'll see though

Both Famitsu and IGN have reviewed it. Both said it's a Zelda rip-off but a great game. Scores of 9.1 from IGN and 9,9,8,8 from Famitsu. IGN said RARE have gone out with a bang on this one.

I think it will be very good.

It worries me that Ninty let Rare go, makes me wonder if they know something we dont bout Rare, but i cant help being excited bout Starfox i have been waiting 2 years, only a week to wait for delivey!!!!!

Like I said, I hope I am wrong :)

That will be good news groundy... I don't really look at either of those sources (really should keep an eye on Famitsu).

my copy should be here tomorrow if it doesnt get held up in customs.

will post an initial impression when i get it.

hi gizlaroc
where do you order your games from and get them quickly?

Thanx

Mat

i got it from a wholesaler in the states, I only know them because i used to work for an import shop.

they get the games usually 1-2 days before they are in the stores to give them time to distribute them.

to be honest though they are not much cheaper than you can buy them online ( from the us that is ) because they sell a $49 game for about $38-41 so by the time you pay shipping, and sometimes vat and duty it is as cheap to buy it over here.

I bought 4 copies and it worked out at about £35 each. ok if you have 3 other people to go in with you.

I have to buy that many to make it worth his while so i dont do it very often.

In an effort to show the other side of the coin here are some opposing views on the game. I will wait till Groundy and a few of yo guys play it and see what you think but for now I am steering clear...

Impressions added to planetgamecube

http://www.planetgamecube.com/impressions.cfm?action=profile&id=496

Editor's summary: boring, dissapointed

http://www.planetgamecube.com/impressions.cfm?action=profile&id=497
Staff writer Summary: yes it looks good but the guy found it boring

GAMESPOT.COM

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,516497,00.html
GAMESPOT: rating 8.3/10

yeah IGN is the only review that i have read that really liked it .

most of the jap mags have really slated it.

probably play like a bug'o'nuts , oh anyone want a copy for £40 ?

;)

Hi gizlaroc

I wasn't really going to bother with SFA but it does look kinda cool. If you want to sell a copy then i'll take one for £40 inc p&p... I asume coming from a US wholesaler it is the US version;) btw - Is it still sealed???

Thanks!

I havent got any copies left but just spoke to my mate and he has got a US copy sealed that he will sell for £40 plus a couple of quid for recorded delivery.

send me a PM or email and let me know.

should do ive bought about 30 DVD's and g GC games from them in the past all arrived within 5 working days of shipping!

have to agree with you there, after all the initial reviews i was expecting a dog.

this is the most fun i have had from a game in a long while, personally I think it is the best game since ICO came out on PS2.

Put it on for a quick look yesterday and racked up 6 odd hours, and I cant wait to get home and play some more.

If you are undecided on this title and like mario or zelda buy this game, so far it is the best game on the system ( from first impressions ) and that includes a fat little plumber.

it is good but so far (starfox) i dont think i beats mario (but thats just my love of fat italian guys!)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom