Starchaser: The Legend of Orin

ma9evp

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't know if many people have heard of this film but it's one of my childhood favourites.
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of any rumours of it being released on DVD in the forseeable future.
Thanks.

HI,

Alas, the chances of this being released on DVD anywhere in the world are slim-to-nil, I'm afraid.

The film was given a rental-only VHS release, in the mid-to-late 1980's, but was never released to buy on VHS either. All the 3D effects and scenes were deleted, making the film a rather poor, bog-standard 2D sci-fi cartoon.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news. I'd be interested in seeing the 3D version of the film, but only for novelty reasons.

Pooch

i'd love that on DVD aswell, i taped it of the sci fi channel a year or so back. and its exactly as i remembered it all those years ago.

but you can never say never to a dvd release!!!!!!

I don't remember ti being particularly good but the version I saw years ago had plenty of 3d generated scenes it , spaceships and what have you. It wasn''t in red/blue offset 3d if thats what you mean.

but was never released to buy on VHS either

i definelty remember seeing it for sale a number of years back, and it was either in a shop like woolies, or a supermarket, so i doubt it was an ex-rental.

btw - i'd also like to see this appear on DVD.

Dean

It was one of my favourite childhood cartoons (along with one with lots of dragons in it).

I rented it out when it came out on VHS, and you could tell what the 3D scenes were, as they stood out from the screen. Later on I realised that many parts of the film were ripping of star wars.

"Flight of Dragons" ???

The 3d stuff in starchaser was if I remember rightly 3d modelled line drawings that were hand coloured (filled in) space ships and mechanical hardedged stuff. A bit like filled in wireframes. You see a nearly identical technique in Akira amongst others.

saw it in the cinema in 3d at like 9 i loved it for all the star wars rip offs

got it sitting on my video shelf,its one of the rental copies but is in top condition,i love it,i remember my brother and myself watching it loads and thinking it was excellent because of the swear words in it.Best bit was the zombies chasing them...

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hmm looks a bit dodgey. I suspect tis almost certainly a bootleg but if you want to chance it the price isn't too steep.

I know this is an old thread, but I thought i would update it with a link to my thread that has info on the new dvd relase of starchaser in case anyone is searching on the forums.

click here for lots of info on the dvd relase.

Hi,

First time post. Been lurking on these forums for ages and I to have been waiting for Starchaser to come along on DVD. I actually have a vhs copy bought in WHSmiths years ago, but I can confirm it has a DVD release coming up. 21/6/05 in fact.

I also have a vhs of the Flight of Dragons, I may even have bought them at the same time but still waiting for that one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom