star

P

philpughe

has anyone actually recieved an order from stardvds.com? :confused:

Not received anything yet.
:(

[ 14-05-2001: Message edited by: Dave H ]

i did hear that they have stock in now and star said the first orders they got will be the first out so depending on when you placed your order could depend when you get your dvds.

from what i can make out over at the dvd forums everyone can expect delivery by fri/sat. they are currently shipping over 1000 orders a day since yesterday.
mark.

ive cancelled, im tired of waiting without any status updates...

with the orders they say they have...anyone wanna setup shop? ;P

Mike

sent an email to star chasing up an order i made a few days ago. I recieved a reply within 3 hrs claiming customs have held things up and i SHOULD get my orders next week. Seems relatively non committal but i thought i would post it anyway!

I just noticed Star dvd site up for maintenance anyone received any orders from them yet?

:)swartzy :)

Had my orders in since May 1st, not received even an email?

I'll give them till mid next week then cancel the orders.

:confused:

For anybody who wants info on stars then i suggest you visit http://www.thedvdforums.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=4&t=000655 there are numerous post here and the man from stars even posts himself.

I actually feel rather sorry for the guy and his company as everybody was saying that they were the next best thing but now many of those people are now slating them for not getting them there DVDs early.

I can understand the frustration if these DVDs are for presents but at the end of the day I for one would prefer to pay less money and have a longer wait ! There are companies out there that supply DVDs up to 6 weeks B4 they are supposed to be on sale and you pay a premium. Each to there own I suppose.

Im going to give star my full support and see what happens. After all I have the new DIE HARD box set on order with them for only £47

Duncan,
There is no doubt what you are saying is true and fair.However,since this is a new Company up to date info on goods received is important especially when you are trying to make a first impression...this happens in all businesses.However,I would certainly hope Star comes to fruition as cheaper quality dvds is what we all want as consumers....just hoping that we do get them eventually.Hearing that at least one person has got their order gives a certain amount of confidence and willingness to wait if your own order has not arrived yet.

regards
:)swartzy :)

I just got a long explanation/excuse email from star.....I genuinely beleive that they are on the level. If their supplier is up the left they cant do a thing about it! I say we should all have patience with a commpany who is afterall only doing its best to make our habit more affordable!!

I find this patience astounding considering the pasting other companies get if they are just a few days late. play have always been reliable but they get massacred anytime a DVD goes the scenic route. Have you guys got shares in Star... because as far as I can see no one has yet received a single disc from them?

I too find it strange, being one of those who has complained about late deliveries but I think things with stars are different.

Play, Movietyme and the like are established companies and I think thats what makes the difference. If Star had been around for ages then I believe my thoughts would be different.

Also the prices that they are currently charging kind ofset the delay.

Good luck to them

Duncan has it spot on. New companies are always going to have start up problems, just try it for yourself and you will find out!

here here, lets not turn this into whats been going on over at the dvd forums. None of us want to wait, but the situation dictates that we have too. Star have given anyone the option to cancel if they wish.The biggest test will be when they are up and running, then lets see how long disks take to be delivered, then people can make the choice.

I have not ordered from them but the reason i think they are not getting flammed too much is because how honest they are being. Many companies would make up lies about stock etc etc, but Stars seem to be keeping their customer properly informed.

What they say seems to be 100% truth. To me it looks like they are really aiming to keep their customers make when they are fully up and running.

Lets just see shall we!

[ 20-05-2001: Message edited by: GarethH ]

Aparantly ( this from one of the postings over at THE DVD FORUMS ) somebody has recieved hardware from them !

Gareth has it spot on though, perhaps Star have been to honest. I honestly believe that once all these initial problems are out of the way, Star will be for 2001 what Play were for the last 18 months.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom