1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Len, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    been on hols for a while. Just curious... did anyone get their DVD's from Star?

2. ptmbradley

ptmbradley
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    It would appear not. If you have any outstanding orders you'd be advised to cancel them sharpish IMHO.

Apparently they haven't been paying any of their bills and their server threatened to remove the site a few days ago but as far as I'm aware it is still there at the moment.

It could've been so good for everyone too... :(

Ringo's were doing a price match for a while but I don't know if they're still doing it. I got Spartacus Criterion from them for £24 but they were out of Miss Congeniality so it was back to Play for that one. A couple of pounds more but guaranteed delivery!

Ptm

3. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    It could've been so good for everyone too... :(

Hey PTM,(alias Yorkie Pig),
    Don't feel too bad it was not your fault.....You put us all onto Star but they could have just as well been the biggest discovery of bargains any of us has known...so thanks for that.It could still be the biggest discovery for dvds and I certainly hope they are since they seem to be trying very hard so lets hope they come through.

best regards
    :)swartzy :)