Star Wars : Visions (2022) (Disney+)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
This will be a series of animated short films that celebrate the SW galaxy through Japanese Anime creators...

1607654011354.png

Can mods please move this to the new Star Wars movie/tv forum?

Looks interesting. I have never got into Manga but I like the idea of small and different one-off stories in the SW universe.

9 episodes have been released on Disney Plus, not sure if that is all of them or an initial release. Lengths vary from 14 mins to 22 mins.

I watched the first two and they are an interesting curiosity. First one is heavily influenced by the Seven Samurai whereas the second is more light-hearted with some familiar characters.

Worth a watch I think although you will need to put subtitles on unless you speak Japanese.

9 episodes have been released on Disney Plus, not sure if that is all of them or an initial release. Lengths vary from 14 mins to 22 mins.

I watched the first two and they are an interesting curiosity. First one is heavily influenced by the Seven Samurai whereas the second is more light-hearted with some familiar characters.

Worth a watch I think although you will need to put subtitles on unless you speak Japanese.
They are apparently very short around 15 minutes each but a couple are a little longer.

Theres no need for subtitles, SDMDAM, as you can switch the audio from Japanese to English.

Theres no need for subtitles, SDMDAM, as you can switch the audio from Japanese to English.

I know, thanks but if I generally prefer to watch in the native language and use subtitles. Will try both and see how it goes 👍

I have watched all of them now and I enjoyed most of them. Most of them are good, a couple are very good and only a couple are quite poor, Tatooine Rhapsody and T0-B1.

Nice nods to the Last Jedi, Obi-Wan and Anakin and Anakin and Padme.

Definitely worth a watch if you are a SW fan.

The first 2 episodes aren't very good, the middle episodes are brilliant but last episode is garbage. What a pity to finish on such a low. These anthology episodes aren't canon, but well worth a watch if your a Star Wars fan.

Japanese Anime meets Star Wars and Lucasfilm gave the creators and studios free licence to do as they will, hence why its called VISIONS. Its certainly no ANIMATRIX but definitely well worth a watch.

A solid 7/10

The first 2 episodes aren't very good, the middle episodes are brilliant but last episode is garbage. What a pity to finish on such a low. These anthology episodes aren't canon, but well worth a watch if your a Star Wars fan.

Japanese Anime meets Star Wars and Lucasfilm gave the creators and studios free licence to do as they will, hence why its called VISIONS. Its certainly no ANIMATRIX but definitely well worth a watch.

A solid 7/10
I liked the first one but I need to watch it again as I didn't use subtitles.

The last one wasn't the best but I liked the nod to Padme and Anakin.

Upon rewatching the first episode again (The Duel) I was far too harsh with my original opinion and now revise it, with an 8/10.

Just watched the first episode - right up my street - love the art style, the simple Kurosawa style story and light sabre action with new takes on duelling. Great stuff!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom