1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Trilogy

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Stellavision, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    The Star wars trilogy is being sold (upon release) for £26.99 inc. free shipping from Amazon.co.uk
    Seems like quite a bargain to me.

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    It is a good price, but im afraid the price Amazon.co.uk are charging for the set was posted quite some time ago.

You can also get the set for £26.99 with free First Class from Choices Direct and StreetsOnline but if you got one of the 10% Discount Vouchers from Play.com last week you can get it for even less at only £25.20, now that is a bargain.

3. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I've not really been looking for the best deal on the trilogy, but received an email from Amazon today with details of the deal. Sorry if it's old news.

4. POiSON

POiSON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    stella mate - i'm sure theres been many new members since the last post (who have not searched), so your post will be of use :) everyone appreciates people posting bargins so on that note, i'll thank you for the find :)

10% off at play - i forgot about that :) /me logs into email

5. marky56

marky56

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    They seem to have alot of titles are very good prices, anyone used them yet?

7. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

You beat me to it! Having just checked my e-mail I only just found out that direct discs Star Wars offer.

I have used them once ordering two titles and they seemed OK. Considering I ordered just before the bank holiday weekend and I received them today isn't too bad.

My only complaint is that I didn't receive any e-mail notification that the titles had been sent, other than that I'm quite pleased with direct discs. :thumbsup:

8. incywincy

incywincy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine from Amazon last month with the free 3-5 day delivery, but I've just looked today and it seems they have a new offer whereby if you choose 1st class delivery and enter the promotion STARWARSDVDS in the promotional code box, you will get free first class delivery and it will be at your door on the Monday (the day of release) :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've just re-ordered with the new promotion and the estimated date of despatch now says 18th September. I know it may be cheaper elsewhere, but I think that £26.99 is a very good price to get it on the Monday. Might just have to book the day off work - lets hope the postie doesn't take too long :devil:

9. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    I think you will find all orders placed with Amazon before they started the free First Class postage offer were automatically upgraded to First Class when they started the offer, they were ment to have sent out emails to everyone who had pre-ordered and the info was posted on here about a month ago.

If you want it for release day though then Amazon are a good bet but my experience with Play.com is that they ship pre-orderes on the Wednesday or Thursday before release so I am looking forward to watching the Trilogy the weekend before release, god knows I wont have time during the week.

10. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Indiana

Are play customs friendly for R1 and R2 discs over £18 - do they refund if charged?

11. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,934
    Play.com dont sell R1 discs, that is PlayUSA and with anything over £18 you are at risk of getting hit with customs but with Play.com they pay all Duty on titles over £18 so the price you see is the price you pay.

12. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks - may order SW trilogy and shield s2 from play then using 10% voucher!!