Star Wars Trilogy - Pre order it now at dvdsoon

wilber

Prominent Member
Reaction score
If you search for "star wars" and click on the "pre" on the LHS you get it cheaper still - $73.95

Dave

Blimey - never saw that before $79 = £35 + say £11 for customs / rm

If you click on the cheaper price boxset,it still comes up as $90.98.
Must be a misprint:( Dont think its worth ordering until the final price is announced?

OOOH :eek: :eek: Talk about being jumping the gun - BTW do DVD Soon charge your CC for pre-orders? I couldn't wait that long for something I've already paid for....

Yes they charge you straight away.

Isn't that again credit card merchant T&Cs?

StooMonster

Originally posted by StooMonster
Isn't that again credit card merchant T&Cs?
AFAIK it's allowed as long as the fact they do that is made clear and you agree to that .. R1DVD do that as well if you elect to do so, you accumulate 'loyalty points' by allowing them to do it.

I'd rather wait until nearer the release date thanks - I'm not letting any retailer earn interest on my money in return for goods I've not received....

Originally posted by KraGorn
AFAIK it's allowed as long as the fact they do that is made clear and you agree to that .. R1DVD do that as well if you elect to do so, you accumulate 'loyalty points' by allowing them to do it.
May be for US sites then, I am pretty sure it's not pukka EU/UK practice; the words Remote Selling Directive spring to mind. Could be wrong though, but these two examples are both in USA AFAIK.

StooMonster

You can make quite a saving with DVD Soon, by pre-ordering early, and letting them take your money. When the Alien Quadrilogy was first announced, some people got it from DVD Soon for less then £30! :eek: They do put the prices up pretty quick, but once you've paid, you've paid, and they can't later adjust the price of your order.

Edit: Just ordered mine. £32.80 shipped and no customs! :D :D

Originally posted by Simon6776

Edit: Just ordered mine. £32.80 shipped and no customs! :D :D

Don't rely on the no customs bit - people are reporting charges fopr their dvdsoon orders :rolleyes:

Originally posted by wilber
Don't rely on the no customs bit - people are reporting charges fopr their dvdsoon orders :rolleyes:

Yeh, i was gonna say that.

I've been caught twice in the last 2 weeks.

Yeah, I've just been talking to someone about the customs thing. Not such good news if this is the case. I may have to evaluate my options again. :thumbsdow

dsw182 So are they seriously offering the Star Wars Trilogy DVD? Is it official or what? ??

Yes mate, Lucas has finally got his act together and is releasing the trilogy later this year.... Sep/Oct time I think, and some places are allready taking pre-orders :eek:

Regards,
Iain.

Would be better if both versions of each film were available like alien quadrilogy.

Grant

Originally posted by Esteban
....and most likely to be the '97 SE's too.

Fine by me. :smashin: (though I know I'm in a minority of one)

This is from Theforce.net

"Classic Trilogy DVD Announcement Close
Thu, Feb 05, 04 04:44:26 PM EST

We've received information from a reliable source that an official announcement regarding the much rumored Trilogy DVD is expected soon. Our source says next Tuesday (2/10) will bring official word that the Special Edition versions of Star Wars: A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return Of The Jedi will be released in a four disk set on September 21 of this year. No mention was made of additional footage, or the contents of the fourth disk, but more information will likely be known next week."

First spotted at an spanish speaking forum, "mundodvd"

So, 4 or 6 disks: that is the question!

(But does it matter, really? We are going to buy anything if it is "Star Wars"!!!)

well it should be 6 disks. there are so many extras for the trilogy that can be added. I got the tin set with all the extras of each film at the end of the tape and they took hrs to get through.So if you add some of the work done to the special editions along with audio commentaries(heres hoping)then it should be 6 disks

My predictions (hope I'm wrong on all of these):

1. No audio commentary (I'm sure lack of one on the Indy set was Spielberg's fault, but with Lucas and crew busy on Ep III will probably not record one)

2. 97 SE's - only question is if the rumoured new footage shot during the Ep III shoot will be added (e.g. Hayden C. under the DV mask in ROTJ, etc)

3. 4 disc set - why bother releasing a six disc set when you can do that in a few years time and get us all to buy them again! Maybe add an audio commentary and some new footage as well.

One thing I am glad about is brand new Dolby 5.1 sound mixes given his love of picture and sound quality.

Well i was hoping that Lucas wouldnt grab any more money from us by releasing a barebones 4 disc set

I've been put off a bit by the god-awful episodes I & II :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom