Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Star Wars trilogy DVD

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by codswallop, Feb 12, 2004.

1. codswallop

codswallop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The above is available on pre-order at dvdsoon. Last time I looked, the price was 63.98CDN, which is around 25GBP at current exchange rates. I dont know when they take payment, but I would hope it is just prior to ship date

2. busdpric

busdpric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HERE'S YOUR ANSWER
    ------------------------------

Payment
    As stated above, full payment (which includes total for the items and total shipping fees) are charged to your credit card at the moment the transaction is completed, meaning when you click on "Confirm Purchase" in the last step of the "Checkout" process (Credit Card Information and Order Confirmation). If your credit card purchase is approved, then your order has been completed. DVDSoon.com is owned by Mail2BOX.com, the following payee will be listed in your monthly credit card statement when you make a purchase from DVDSoon.com:
    MAIL 2 BOX/DVD SOON LONGUEUIL QC.
    Proceeding in this manner is actually to the consumer's advantage and protection. In this manner, we do not keep any credit card information within our databases so you run less of a risk for your personal financial information to be compromised. In addition, charging your card at the moment of purchase also protects you from fluctuations in exchange rates. For example, if a buyer were to purchase a preorder DVD a month ago and we did not charge your card at the moment of purchase, the exchange rate between the Canadian dollar and the buyer's currency could be different from the moment of purchase, then the buyer's card could be charged a different price than promised on our online quotation.

NOT SURE ABOUT HIS AS THERE IS NO SET RELEASE DATE YET.

3. ftpdoo

ftpdoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a US / Canada release date for this... UK release date is not set yet.

Do we have any vouchers for DVD Soon? Also what is the chances of getting hit with a customs bill for a big package like this????????? ITS 4 DVDS!

Could this end up costing more than expected?

Jonny

4. codswallop

codswallop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was next going to ask what my liabiliy would be for important duty and 'post office handling' for the above, assuming the exchange rate is not wildly different, and it gets valued at £25.

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,428
    For a set of 4 discs I would think you would get stung by customs which would most likely put the set over £30 and I cant think the R2 set is going to be much more than that so I would wait instead of pre-ordering it, why give them the money now just for it to sit in their bank account earning them money.