Star Wars Trilogy 3 DVD Set - £16.99 in Virgin

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by mutamist, Mar 26, 2006.

1. mutamist

mutamist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    As the topic says - I have the 4-disc set but always liked the box art on the 3-disc set better so bought that today - I'm a sucker for anything Star Wars but at £16.99 that's a pretty damn good price - £3.00 cheaper than HMV.

Just to clarify - this is instore, haven't checked the websites.

2. peterpatch

peterpatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Seventeen quid is a bit pricey for a card box if you already have the films. But I can't comment really....Already have episodes IV,V,VI on VHS, Widescreen VHS, Digitally Re-mastered Special Edition Boxed set and finally original DVD Boxed set. It probably won't stop there either. They have still to come out on Blue Ray and/or HD-DVD! My wallet's going to implode.:rotfl:

3. Ratfink

Ratfink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Hiya - Im going ot sound really stupid now. What is the difference between the 4 disc set & the 3 disc. Is it just a bonus/extras disc?.. no change to the movie discs.

The girl wants this set, so I want to know which to buy her (shes not bothered about extras as long as the films are intact)

4. Listy

Listy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yep no bonus DVD, but the film discs are the same. On the plus side though the 3 DVD boxset's artwork is miles nicer

5. Ratfink

Ratfink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Cheers for the info listy! I remember when I first saw the different packaging I thought they had released the originals (sans updated trickery) in a boxset. Now wouldnt that be nice!?