Star Wars thread - where is the cheapest and best place to pre-order or purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

careless_adi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Burgess Hill, West Sussex, UK, Earth, Milky Way
Hi all,

I'm going to be pre-ordering this in the next week or so. I'm just wondering where the best place to pre-order the set from? Also this may help others looking for it too?

Are there any discount codes for this available to make it cheaper than advertised?

Are there any other versions than the ones below? Maybe some sort of super limited edition over in the US?

The Complete Saga
Zavvi £67.45 Sensitype Pre-order Edition (Enter code PP5OFFZAVVI for £5 off making the total £62.45)
Play.com £67.49 with an exclusive Film Cell.
Amazon.co.uk £67.49 with an exclusive Film Cell.

The Prequel Trilogy
Play.com £33.69
Amazon.co.uk £33.69

The Original Trilogy
Play.com £33.69

I'll update the OP with revised prices.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Zavvi £67.45 Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Senitype Pre-Order Edition) only 4p cheaper but can claim for cashback.

Zavvi £67.45 Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Senitype Pre-Order Edition) only 4p cheaper but can claim for cashback.

Don't suppose you know what the 'Sensitype Pre-Order Edition' is?

Slightly off topic, but I'm also interested in the different types of packaging because there seems to be a digibook and amaray promo pics floating around...

Don't suppose you know what the 'Sensitype Pre-Order Edition' is?

The Star Wars Sentitype, is a single 35mm frame reproduced from original footage, mounted and then numbered for that extra collectibility factor. So looks like its the proper name for the film cell.

Last edited:
Anybody who collects Maximiles points can also use them to pre-order.

I have enough to get 1 from Maximiles and 1 from the Panny offer. :smashin:

do amazon send you the receipt by email or post it?

just print it off online from your order, you don't even need to wait until the item arrives - not checked the form but was how it was for my TV.

£5 off code £62.45 from zavvi using code PP5OFFZAVVI :smashin:

just print it off online from your order, you don't even need to wait until the item arrives - not checked the form but was how it was for my TV.

thanks mate will do this tomorrow has anyone else done this to confirm?
and shall i do star wars same time or wait till avatar arrives first

LILCO said:
thanks mate will do this tomorrow has anyone else done this to confirm?
and shall i do star wars same time or wait till avatar arrives first

Do at same time. But I'd sent in seperate envelopes.

LILCO said:
ok thanks will do tomoz then all ill have to do is buy the prequel :thumbsup:

Bear in mind you miss out on 3 bonus discs if you buy the trilogies separately.

Last edited:
I can confirm the code for Zavvi still works as I've just pre-ordered mine :)

I completely forgot about all the points I'd saved on my Play.com credit card, checked statement and I have £50 worth!! Result, so that makes £17.49 for the whole lot :D

£5 off code £62.45 from zavvi using code PP5OFFZAVVI :smashin:

that zavvi code, is there a minimum spend on it? just tried to use on scarface steelbook, never worked?

that zavvi code, is there a minimum spend on it? just tried to use on scarface steelbook, never worked?

Dont know if the code still works but it was £50 minimum spend

Ive ordered the originals, didn't know it didn't include the archive discs, what a rip off! I hate the new ones, seems a bit unfair, looks like I'll be cancelling my preorder and not bothering at all, I cant justify spending £65 for 6 films where I only like 3 of them.

Have to say that the upgrade in picture quality is going to have to be pretty darn impressive for me to dip this time. Agreed that Episodes 1-3 are completely unwatchable.

I sense that the consumers' patience is waning with blu ray marketing gimics reaching a peak. The Lord of the Rings debacle and substandard quality of the theatrical releases left a very sour taste in a lot of mouths.

Loading times seem to be becoming an increasing problem, with 'stacked' discs such as Alien Anthology, making the medium less user friendly, regardless of upgrade in picture quality.

I am a big fan of bluray but I fully understand the disappointing uptake.

We wait and see.

Cancelled pre-order, I'll wait until the full boxset is £20

(bought Muppets take Manhattan from the change!) :D

long wait..me thinks

I will jump in at £40 for all of them. Not bothered about the extras so the two separate trilogies for £20 each will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom