I’ve just worked it out & since the 2011 boxset came out & after I’ve bought the forthcoming 11 4k steels from Zavvi I will have spent over £1,000 on Star Wars media! ...

I’ve just worked it out & since the 2011 boxset came out & after I’ve bought the forthcoming 11 4k steels from Zavvi I will have spent over £1,000 on Star Wars media! ...
......astonishing isn't it? And in most cases none of the release have been "good enough" to warrant that expenditure. What I mean is that there always seems to be some form of controversy, tinkering, changes. issues with the releases.

Italian Rogue One has shipped. No date at all on Force Awakens now.

Just received shipping confirmation for my copy that was part of my big Episode 1-8 order so less than £16 delivered :)

Now what do I do with the German copy that is also on its way :rotfl:

JB HiFi just announced their buy one get one free deal. Knock yourselves out.

Only thing annoys me about JB is that they don't remove the GST for international orders whereas Sanity does

Only thing annoys me about JB is that they don't remove the GST for international orders whereas Sanity does
JB refunds GST on request.
However I'd never buy any buy one get one free from them as they have a habit of mucking up the customs delaration and putting the full value of the 2 discs rather than just the one paid for. Any potential savings can rapidly turn into costing more especially if they ship each disc of the order seperately and put value of 2 discs on each package.

FYI Australia has currently suspended economy airmail shipments so if you order anything from JB Hi-Fi don't expect it anytime soon (been over 7 weeks since they sent me an item and that was before shipments stopped)

You can get the GST refunded you just need to request it once your order has shipped.

JB refunds GST on request.
However I'd never buy any buy one get one free from them as they have a habit of mucking up the customs delaration and putting the full value of the 2 discs rather than just the one paid for. Any potential savings can rapidly turn into costing more especially if they ship each disc of the order seperately and put value of 2 discs on each package.

After the headaches JB caused several of us back in March I won't be using them again.

FYI Australia has currently suspended economy airmail shipments so if you order anything from JB Hi-Fi don't expect it anytime soon (been over 7 weeks since they sent me an item and that was before shipments stopped)

You can get the GST refunded you just need to request it once your order has shipped.

After the headaches JB caused several of us back in March I won't be using them again.
Thanks for the info on the GST. Was aware of the shipment issues, not a problem for me waiting I'm in no rush. Interested in the headaches you mention. I saw some comments before about separate orders being sent together going over customs limits, again I'm not overly worried about it. Was there some other issue?
Customs is always a bit of a gamble. I rarely get charges on airmail from Oz, though I would be concerned about them putting full price on all items in a BOGOF scenario in case it did get caught in customs. I have no big problem paying fees but not on an inflated price. Hopefully it gets through ok

Thanks for the info on the GST. Was aware of the shipment issues, not a problem for me waiting I'm in no rush. Interested in the headaches you mention. I saw some comments before about separate orders being sent together going over customs limits, again I'm not overly worried about it. Was there some other issue?
Customs is always a bit of a gamble. I rarely get charges on airmail from Oz, though I would be concerned about them putting full price on all items in a BOGOF scenario in case it did get caught in customs. I have no big problem paying fees but not on an inflated price. Hopefully it gets through ok

Basically I and several others ordered all the Star Wars UHDs during their last Buy Two Get One Free sale and assumed they would all be sent in a single package so worked out what the potential customs charges would be and decided it was a great deal but then JB Hi-Fi started to split the order into separate packages which if caught would not only kill any discount but make them very expensive and that was assuming they didn't mark each package with the order total because if they did it could add £100+ to the cost.

I was able to cancel the remainder of my order before the rest started to ship so only have to worry about the one item (like I said been over 7 weeks now) but needless to say it was not a good experience and certainly won't be using them for anything else unless its a single item under the limit that I don't care about when it arrives.

Basically I and several others ordered all the Star Wars UHDs during their last Buy Two Get One Free sale and assumed they would all be sent in a single package so worked out what the potential customs charges would be and decided it was a great deal but then JB Hi-Fi started to split the order into separate packages which if caught would not only kill any discount but make them very expensive and that was assuming they didn't mark each package with the order total because if they did it could add £100+ to the cost.

I was able to cancel the remainder of my order before the rest started to ship so only have to worry about the one item (like I said been over 7 weeks now) but needless to say it was not a good experience and certainly won't be using them for anything else unless its a single item under the limit that I don't care about when it arrives.
Thanks for the info. I had read the comments and took them to mean the total item value was included where some items were covered under the get one free promotion, I didn't realise it was the total order value on each package on orders that were split out on multiple packages. That would be a concern.
Has this actually happened much?
My items are all in stock and in total don't come to a huge value, six discs - I'd hope they would ship in max two shipments. Will risk it, as I've rarely had any customs issues with Oz post shipments hopefully it will work out.
I note Sanity state in their FAQs that they don't split international shipments. It would make sense to do it as little as possible due to shipment costs internationally on multiple packages Vs one package.

Thanks for the info. I had read the comments and took them to mean the total item value was included where some items were covered under the get one free promotion, I didn't realise it was the total order value on each package on orders that were split out on multiple packages. That would be a concern.
Has this actually happened much?
My items are all in stock and in total don't come to a huge value, six discs - I'd hope they would ship in max two shipments. Will risk it, as I've rarely had any customs issues with Oz post shipments hopefully it will work out.
I note Sanity state in their FAQs that they don't split international shipments. It would make sense to do it as little as possible due to shipment costs internationally on multiple packages Vs one package.

I read a few reports on here and another forum about them putting the order total on each package and that was enough to convince me to cancel the lot as I wasn't risking it.

I read a few reports on here and another forum about them putting the order total on each package and that was enough to convince me to cancel the lot as I wasn't risking it.

Right so, I'll risk it and run the gauntlet. Will feedback sometime before Christmas how it goes, though not sure how useful the result will be for others as I'm not UK and it seems a lot of members are UK based.

Apparently Zavvi will be opening pre-orders for a Star wars steelbook tomorrow, so hopefully this'll mean UK normal individuals are not far away!

Apparently Zavvi will be opening pre-orders for a Star wars steelbook tomorrow, so hopefully this'll mean UK normal individuals are not far away!

It’s TESB tomorrow (ANH was 2 weeks ago) so it appears they will be offering a new film every 2 weeks and as they plan to do all 11 it could be some time yet before regular individual releases are available.

Last edited:
20 weeks brings us to Oct. Probably release in time for Xmas. Glad I got the boxset even if it was pricey

20 weeks brings us to Oct. Probably release in time for Xmas. Glad I got the boxset even if it was pricey

November seems about right but not sure there is much point waiting till the end of the year when there are plenty of other options to get them right now but that’s just me.

Just unwrapped my boxset. As lovely as it is the quality isn't what I'd expect for 200quid. Whatever glue was used for the heavy card pages, a little gentle pressure at the bottom shows the layers aren't well stuck together and probably will separate fairly easily after a little time. Very disappointing at that price

I took all my UHDs out of the big box, and have put the 3 trilogies into their own 3disc amarays. Does anyone know a site that has printable 4k covers? I’m hoping someone somewhere has mocked up artwork for 4k trilogies (but maybe not yet!).

I loved revisiting these films - I even made it all the way through Clone Wars for the first time in my life. New hope, Empire and Force Awakens really stood out to us in 4k and HDR. Really pleased with the set.

Picked up the original trilogy yesterday for less than AU$15 each thanks to a ‘buy 1 get 1 free’ sale (actually half that with Christmas voucher).
😏

Pacco consegnato.

RO4K.JPG

Picked up the original trilogy yesterday for less than AU$15 each thanks to a ‘buy 1 get 1 free’ sale (actually half that with Christmas voucher).
😏
Where from?

Where from?

That would be JB Hi-Fi and while a bargain at first glance be aware things could turn out very different not to mention the fact it has been nearly 8 weeks since they sent me a UHD and still no sign of it.

Last edited:
That would be JB Hi-Fi ands while a bargain at first glance be aware things could turn out very different not to mention the fact it has been nearly 8 weeks since they sent me a UHD and still no sign of it.
Shame about the 8 week wait there, Indy! May’ve timed that purchase just as Covid-19 hit, so perhaps that’s to blame?

Shame about the 8 week wait there, Indy! May’ve timed that purchase just as Covid-19 hit, so perhaps that’s to blame?

Deliveries from JB Hi-Fi are known to take 5+ weeks at the best of times but yea then the Covid-19 restrictions came into place, wouldn't at all be surprised if it never actually left Australia and has been lost in the backlog.

Is anyone interested in Italian copies of Episodes 1-8? as I am about to cancel my pre-orders but thought I would ask on here first, cost would be about £18 delivered per film as and when they arrive.

So I've watched Ep 1-3 now (and have started Ep 4). Definitely Ep 3 is by far the best of the prequels in terms of PQ and film. It looks better than the bluray, whereas I'm not sure Ep1 and Ep2 were that much of an upgrade. Sound wise you can hear the overheads being used across all 3, including the music coming out of the overheads.

As a film Ep3 has some great moments and Christensen isn't as bad in this one, although he has some awful moments of dialogue. The one that had the worst deal of them all is Portman as her dialogue is just terrible most of the time.

So far Ep. 4 looks great, and I'm seeing detail not seen before such as dents and scratches in the droids, helmets etc. Best its looked at home and again a good upgrade over the bluray from 2011

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom