UKCDJ

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Amazon Purchase Link -

Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Limited Edition Complete Box Set UHD Blu-ray 2019 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray
DD4D2981-F79F-40ED-AB65-1F46BD7A2748.jpeg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
$35 per movie:eek:

Would gladly pay $35 each for the original 3 but wouldnt pay $35 in total for the other 6:rotfl:

Individual releases is my only interest so i’ll be waiting for the inevitable individual releases.

Would only buy 4-6 and R1 anyway.

Rest would only serve as coasters.

I'm only interested in the six George Lucas films so I'll wait for the individual/trilogy releases. The 'Star Wars Saga' Blu Ray set from 2011 already has every imaginable extra for fans, so not concerned on missing out on any bonus material.

No doubt the 4K release will be based on the Disney+ masters. Hopefully they won't be anywhere near as bit starved and the Disney audio technicians will be kept well away.

Last edited:
1-3 are shocking so wouldn’t go near a box set.

Individual releases is my only interest so i’ll be waiting for the inevitable individual releases.

Would only buy 4-6 and R1 anyway.

Rest would only serve as coasters.
Totally agree - really hope we get individual releases.

Hopefully a regular no frills boxset comes out-not interested in any of the extras.

All I want is the original trilogy with both uncut theatrical editions warts and all and the special editions but I don't think I will see the theatricals, as turkey neck hates his own creations for some weird reason and it wouldn't surprise me if disney had to sign something to stop there release, love to be proved wrong though

The theatrical editions aren’t coming to disc. Not officially anyway. eBay is your friend.

Get over it people. :laugh:

I’m not that fussed about Theatrical/SE etc etc. I can live with it. Though, it grates to see Christensens ugly mut at the end of Jedi.

As long as 4-6 are released with superlative transfers, i’ll be over the moon.

Wow. That’s just too much money for a very average saga. does anyone even know if the 4K is a remaster from the original scan or just a quick clean up?

also Atmos? DTS X?

Last edited:
Just checked Zavvi and their Blu-ray version of this is only £69.99 (still has 18 discs). That’s massively cheaper than the 4K version. Wonder if Amazons price is a ‘placeholder’ one? I find it hard to believe that the 4K ones are worth the extra £110? Not going to cancel my pre-order though...yet!

Hoping the amazon listing is limited edition special packaging, and a standard 4k set is released with cheaper pricing.
Though £20 per 4k film is what you woul expect from Disney, the blu-ray is £65 on Zoom, nearly a 200% mark up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom