Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker 4K UHD

the thing wnn

just to help anyone looking at those posts above, I thought it meant a UHD/2D/3D all in one set, but they're not, they're UHD/2D and a seperate 3D/2D release, not an all in combo

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
just to help anyone looking at those posts above, I thought it meant a UHD/2D/3D all in one set, but they're not, they're UHD/2D and a seperate 3D/2D release, not an all in combo
It does say steelbooks instead of just steelbook but I can see why it may initially look like a combo. Best thing is click link and read the first post for clarity :)

BMox81

Distinguished Member
It’s definitely a day one purchase.

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Yep, day one here too.
Can’t wait to test my home theatre out with this.

Mack errol

Will need to hear what the reviews of the sound are like before I buy this at full price... (even tho I enjoyed it at the cinema)

Indiana Jones

Will need to hear what the reviews of the sound are like before I buy this at full price... (even tho I enjoyed it at the cinema)
I doubt there will be anything wrong with the audio, the last few Disney UHDs have been great.

Benji315

Going to be in the States when this comes out (until the 8th April) if anyone fancies an early copy like myself I'll be grabbing ahead of the UK release!

Indiana Jones

Going to be in the States when this comes out (until the 8th April) if anyone fancies an early copy like myself I'll be grabbing ahead of the UK release!
Don’t suppose you would be able to pick up a copy of Rogue One on UHD?

Benji315

Of course chaps, don’t want to get told off so might be worth PM’ing me to arrange and I’ll do a thread when I’m back

injidup

Just heard from Amazon Oz that the Rise of Skywalker 4K disc will be released earlier than expected. Should be here on the 26th. (Scheduled for 1st April over here.)
:-( Won’t be here until Monday now. It’s already in the shops (not that I’ve been out looking), but mine is still on a truck somewhere.

Last edited:

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Got my copy of this yesterday - put it on the projector last night and skipped through some scenes (will give it a proper watch at weekend). First impressions are OK....... looks like it did at the cinema, so not razor sharp and highly stylised to match look of TFA, which is the point I suppose.

Sound seemed front-heavy with the rears kicking in during action. Didn't notice any overheads yet, but may be better once I've been through it all at higher volume.

Nezben

Distinguished Member
I watched it last night. Picture is good overall with some nice uses of bright HDR.
Some scenes look spectacular but not enough of them really.
I thought the sound was brilliant though, one of the better sounding UHD’s I’ve heard in a while.
(this is only on a 5.1 system)

stewjoy

I’ve just watched a few clips on my system, first impression on picture,brilliant.

Dans1210

I watched this last night on my set up, projector is jvc x7900 with 120 inch 2.40.1 screen. Generally I haven’t been impressed with 4k discs (on my projector) but this one blew me away! Every shot looks stunning, the blacks are extremely deep and the highlights really pop. The audio is great and I find the dynamic range very good. Highly recommended from me!

Last edited:

mb3195

Distinguished Member
This disc is seriously demo worthy, the use of HDR is insane! If you want to show off your cinema to your mates, the first 10 minutes has it all!!

injidup

Thread drift (sorry) but in The Force Awakens when we first see Rey in the crashed Star Destroyer, the atmospheric sounds are incredible in Atmos.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
This disc is seriously demo worthy, the use of HDR is insane! If you want to show off your cinema to your mates, the first 10 minutes has it all!!
Have to agree, some seriously amazing visuals going on. When Rey is meditating - these stones 😱

mb3195

Distinguished Member
Have to agree, some seriously amazing visuals going on. When Rey is meditating - these stones 😱
the Atmos sounded SO good when the emperor was in kylo Rens mind at the start, literally felt god was talking down to me!!

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Still waiting on my copy from Zoom but considering ordering the Skywalker Saga from Amazon.

djpaulc247

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I'm starting to wane on that as well...... £200 is a lot though and would still have to buy Rogue One as well !!
R1 is available from Amazon.FR at just over 20 Euros so not too bad. Not available until June though.

stewjoy

Just finished watching, while the picture is very good I really had to turn my receiver high to get a good Atmos sound. Watched other 4k disc’s in Atmos and they are definitely louder. Deep Water Horizon as a eg.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?

Latest News

New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG GX soundbar launches in UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky Q updates smart features and adds Disney Plus in HDR
  • By Andy Bassett