Star Wars: The Old Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

semiskimmed

Distinguished Member
just thought i would make a new thread on this game as ive been lucky enough to get an invite to the beta and cant find another thread here.
im not a fan of star wars at all but this game is looking fantastic! :)

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
I think it looks like it might be shaping up nicely. It'll be interesting how they incorporate the character stories into your game.

Invertigo

Standard Member
I let this game slip under my radar so to speak, and I used to be a MASSIVE Star Wars geek :p

Love what Bioware have been doing recently too, Dragon Age and ME have risen my hopes for this game!

UKi09

Standard Member
I am really looking forward to this game, have been following the releases on the official website and looks like it should be a really good game.

D

Deleted member 8901

just thought i would make a new thread on this game as ive been lucky enough to get an invite to the beta and cant find another thread here.
im not a fan of star wars at all but this game is looking fantastic! :)

I hate you. :D

Jonesy012

Think I'm going to bump this as the game really seems to be coming into it's own now. Things I do like: crafting, and the whole Bioware package. Things I dont: How can bioware truly know how to build an MMO game when they are now so profficient at RPGs?

They are clearly trying SO hard to make it an RPGMMO in terms of companions and choices/story, I commend them for this, but it is going to be a risk. I hope it pays off. OTherwise it looks brilliant. I can't wait being a fan.

The one thing however I do hope they "fix" in an expansion is depth of space combat/missions. This is A HUGE aspect of Star wars and should not be ignored. Now I understand it is a massive part of the game and would fully accept it as a reasonable expansion like SW Galaxies offered. I don't want a 20 year old style game, it'll get old after the first few plays frankly, I want to go out, mine, upgrade my ship, PvP in no-mans-land etc.

Sounds like EVE? Well make it less of a space quantity surveyor game and add SW and fun flavours and viola; amazing.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Revive from me, as i got a invite to be a tester recently, not got accepted yet, but it got me watching vides and this looks great.

Ive always fancied really getting into a MMO game, this could be the one.

I want to go out, mine, upgrade my ship, PvP in no-mans-land etc.

Agree with this, hope you can buy a ship, travel to other planets at will, and just ignore the main mission if there is one, and just live a life.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
mmm..I'm hoping you can go freeform too......something I'm looking forward to in the Fallout one that is apparently in the making.....I love Fallout 3, would adore to be able to just roam around and live life......specially if they can expand on the original games map layout, just make it bigger and more populated with dwellings etc.....

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Got an email this morning stating a new round of European testing is due to start. Sign up link is below:

http://em.ea.com/a/hBN5ybzB7ui$JB8bdoXD51xqVvv/tester2

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Got an email this morning stating a new round of European testing is due to start. Sign up link is below:

http://em.ea.com/a/hBN5ybzB7ui$JB8bdoXD51xqVvv/tester2

May as well give it another go :thumbsup:

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Hmm, apparently EA's new download service origin will be the only place to get this via digital download. Which means no Steam, D2D or anything else. If it works for SWToR then might they do the same thing with BF3?

Last edited:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Battlefield 3 is due before SW: TOR isn't it ?

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
Well, both are supposed to be the end of this year but some say Sw Tor will be delayted into early next year.

eiren

Distinguished Member
No one is interested in their download service... it will be a good way to kill off their sales... which they'll blame on piracy no doubt :suicide:

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
Is it not a bit naive to have a single download service for a launch day?

Every time an MMO launches it's panic stations when the servers can't handle the downloads needed. The smart move would be to have other online retailers handle some of the bandwidth needed for the client download - but then are EA as smart as they should be?

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member

MGRayd

Distinguished Member
I had not really bother looking in to this much but after seeing the E3 videos I have decided to try my luck and signup for the hope I can get Beta access.

mozza54

The super collectors edition thingiy is on for £130 at game!

No word on release though, I was talking with one of the guys in my office about it and he mentioned theyre keeping it quiet to Blizzard doesnt try to steal its thunder.

Bearing in mind its Comicon in the next few days Id expect an announcement.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Did you notice the the line "limited quantities" :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom