Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+) TV Show Premiere Review & Comments

Really enjoyed Battle Scars. Stunning visuals this episode, nice tie in to a certain video game.
Yeah, the trip to and around the breakers' yard was excellent.
Nice tie in too with the offering assistance for future episodes and the two henchmen, as
they do, though, need more than the current set up with Rhea Perlman's Cid.

8: Reunion.

Brilliant stuff again like last week. Making up for the lacklustre episodes 5 & 6. As mentioned, looks absolutely fantastic. Bracca makes for a dynamic and impressive environment and the story is moving along nicely now.

Surprised, given the time period, to see the Venator wrecks in such a dilapidated state already. @MarkusThatch Does that mean the Empire has already started building ISDs? (Or an intermediate class).

I’m confused about the uniforms of the troopers and now also confused about Palpatine’s secret fleet he had built. Are stormtroopers still some way from being recruited?

maybe the climate on that planet encourages rust!

oh and crosshairs by the end of that episode looked distinctly like Dengar!

Great to see CB back, ending was fairly intense though I did laugh at poor Todo, he always seems to come out worse off.

Yeah, loved the duel/stand off with CB - was surprised to see him still in one piece after all of his villainy in the clone wars. I wonder if he'll survive long enough to make it into the Kenobi series...

Yeah, loved the duel/stand off with CB - was surprised to see him still in one piece after all of his villainy in the clone wars. I wonder if he'll survive long enough to make it into the Kenobi series...
It could be a hell of a story arc if he hunts Obi and make sense to have a final dustup between. They could also bring in Vos again - or is that being greedy?

I’m confused about the uniforms of the troopers and now also confused about Palpatine’s secret fleet he had built. Are stormtroopers still some way from being recruited?
Yes and no - we're in the very early stages. The trooper squad with Crosshair, are coloured differently and have some very subtle changes to the helmets (I think the visors are a different colour). They're all human and it's a project that's something of a testing ground for more human troopers - it's not something that's widescale yet.

All the other troopers in the episode are clones.

It does seem that the writing is on the wall for clones - death or labour camps? Also intrigued to know what the cloners on Kamino are up to with Omega...

Another good episode, more interesting visuals, revelations and CB is so damn cool.

Knowing Omega is Bobba‘s sister potentially adds some depth to his partnership whith Fennec. Adding Cade Bain into the mix makes it even more intriguing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knowing Omega is Bobba‘s sister potentially adds some depth to his partnership whith Fennec. Adding Cade Bain into the mix makes it even more intriguing.
That was a huge reveal. Omega looking at the alien tanks reminded me of, well, Alien (sequel whose name shall not be spoken) and Ripley.
Always good to have CB. It still makes me smile when I see him, after the kind of reveal of the older blue guy that he is in TCW. He's like some still-got-game, seriously bad granddad figure now.
I keep wondering if Crosshair will take a knock to his head and come to his senses at some point...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ridiculous that people do this, thanks for pointing it out.
Ridiiculois that people still come into a thread the day after a new episode has been made available and still complain about being spoiled. In any case I know full well I‘m on to a loser with this one as sympathies always lean towards the “victim“, so I’ll play long and pander the lowest common denominator.

Ridiiculois that people still come into a thread the day after a new episode has been made available and still complain about being spoiled. In any case I know full well I‘m on to a loser with this one as sympathies always lean towards the “victim“, so I’ll play long and pander the lowest common denominator.

Nice attitude! There is a very clear spoiler policy in place which is helpful for everyone and which most people follow, so it is hardly pandering to the victim

Nice attitude, there us a very clear spoiler policy in place which is helpful for everyone and which most people follow so it is hardly pandering to the victim
Spoilers now added. Going by the spoiler policy we shouldn’t even be discussing a certain character that appeared last week without tags, yet that’s not being enforced. Anyway, I’m away to the Loki thread now and force everyone to use spoilers as I’ve only watched the first episode.

Mod Comment
That's the house rules and you not even had the decency to go back and spoiler it after being alerted to it, which I've just had to. :nono:

Although not at the top of every forum it generally understood it applies to all.

It's a forum rule, I'm afraid.
Also, I had to use my free time yesterday that wasn't work or parenting watching and writing about FaFu. Some us have to pick and choose what we watch and when!

Also, I had to use my free time yesterday that wasn't work or parenting watching and writing about FaFu. Some us have to pick and choose what we watch and when!

Yep. Though on your second point, I was busy yesterday also, so watched this morning. Sometimes I don‘t get to watch the latest episode until days after. Wouldn’t dream of coming into the thread after the episode was available before I watched it. That‘s just me though, we’re all different (and of course I was jesting about the Loki thread, and despite your assurances I wouldn’t go near it until I watched all the available episodes). As you say, that’s just the rules, so so be it.

Last edited:

This is me, I watch when I can and I typically save up episodes and watch two in a row. Tonight is the two latest of the Bad Batch so to see the previous spoiler was very disappointing. Anyhoo, can't unlearn what I have learned.

TBH - I thought everyone knew the spoiler policy by now - but it's pretty straightforward, i.e. always spoiler major plot points unless the thread title says otherwise, no exceptions. But I do see that RebelScum is a new joiner so hopefully lesson learned.

As for Omega, now I'm hoping she appears in Book of Boba Fett and played by Lucy Lawless... right age, right accent!

Caught up last night and two very good episodes. Hoping thst the quality continues and we soon see the transition to stormtroopers and what happens to the clones.

Well, that latest episode was excellent - and a must-watch for any Rebels fans.

This is feeling like Clone Wars and Rebels before it - it took some time to set up the characters and setting, and now we're really getting into the whole idea of the Empire taking control and what that means. Happy for this to be a slow burn thing over the next few series, as I think this gradual shift is what's particularly interesting.

I thought they'd changed the Hera voice actress, but realise it's the same person - very impressive shift in accent (and apparently happened in Rebels too, as she slipped back into it when talking to her father, but I don't remember that).

Agreed if you are a fan of Rebels then this was a real treat :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom