Star Wars: The Bad Batch (Disney+) TV Show Premiere Review & Comments

Loved this, would probably give it an 8 personally (middle a little saggy). Only thing I couldn’t get away with was the Padawan at the beginning with a middle aged mans voice

Loved this, would probably give it an 8 personally (middle a little saggy). Only thing I couldn’t get away with was the Padawan at the beginning with a middle aged mans voice
The padawan here was, I believe, supposed to be Kanan Jarrus from Rebels and they made a bizarre choice in using the same voice actor.

I lost my heart to a Star Wars trooper
Flashing lights in hyper space
Fighting for the Federation
Hand in hand we'll conquer space..

It's true ye know.

"Face, Murdoch, BA, Hannibal and... Rambo? I guess?"

I think you'll find that's Topper Harley, Tom.
Yeah, not an outstanding opener but it had to cover a not inconsiderable amount of ground to wedge (!) in.
I actually had more trouble with Saw Gerrara and Tarkin's (careful to not quin him) voice work. The former sounded weak after Forest Whitaker's and less we say about the latter...
Omega troubles me too - as she's no Ahsoka. Yes it's Star Wars for roughly all ages but my kiddie twee meter in on high alert. I guess they could ditch her and do some of Filoni's dark arc episodes, Maybe I'm being overly concerned, as they certainly made effort to give her DNA some spunk in scenes. I'll leave that there.

Omega troubles me too - as she's no Ahsoka. Yes it's Star Wars for roughly all ages but my kiddie twee meter in on high alert. I guess they could ditch her and do some of Filoni's dark arc episodes, Maybe I'm being overly concerned, as they certainly made effort to give her DNA some spunk in scenes. I'll leave that there.
I felt very much the same about Ezra in Rebels at the beginning and they developed his character very well. I think the hidden programming in Omega could be interesting going forward.

As long as she's not like Kaz in Resistance, we should be OK.

Can you watch this as a standalone or do you need to watch previous clone shows?

Can you watch this as a standalone or do you need to watch previous clone shows?

It would make more sense and add to the enjoyment to have seen the Clone Wars imo. I guess you could watch it and see if you fancy going back to watch Clone Wars.

If you've watched the films; then it swings in Revenge of the Sith, so no prob's really.

Decent start. I have no concerns about Omega, she doesn’t come across as annoying nor is she supposed to be another Ahsoka, not even sure why she’s been mentioned.

no, it read like a really good review which is why I was surprised at it only getting a 7, there wasnt really anything important to complain about, it hit all the right spots for me, the presentation on my 4k 65 inch OLED / ATMOS was awesome.

no, it read like a really good review which is why I was surprised at it only getting a 7, there wasnt really anything important to complain about, it hit all the right spots for me, the presentation on my 4k 65 inch OLED / ATMOS was awesome.
What device are you watching it from. Only 5.1 and no Atmos from my Apple TV 4K. The films play in Atmos OK so not my settings.

to be honest I didnt check if it was actually ATMOS but it usually is, i'm using an amazon firestick 4k plugged straight into my 4k reciever, my TV isnt great at HDR as its only a first gen EF9500 LG OLED and about 400 nits but its looks fantastic with the lights out

9 for me, looked beautiful, great start to the season, massively disagree with a 7.
7 is a pretty high score isn’t it? Especially for a season opener. You have to leave something for later on, unless you don’t expect it to get any better?

wonderwoman 1984 got a 7, that was objectively bad so who knows what a 7 really means :)

Perfectly fine second episode, still setting the scene.

I did like the way they set up the origins of chain codes though.

Take note of the Imperial officer - as I think he's going to be a big role. Primarily because they're making him into an action figure..!

Another good episode. They aren’t shying away from showing how ruthless the empire is. I have a feeling Wrecker’s headaches might become more significant in future episodes.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom