Star Wars : The Bad Batch - Season 1& 2 (Disney+)

Yeah solid, promising stuff, everything I expected tonally and as well written as I'd hoped. Very much looking forward to seeing the evolution from clone to stormtrooper unfold, and it looks like the Bad Batch are fully interwoven into all that. Omega was a welcome new surprise addition, and nice to see Tarkin immediately assume a position of power in the newly minted Empire. The Imperial training droids reminded me a little of Dark Troopers. Also, without rewatching it, was the escaped Padawan a young Kanan Jarrus?

Still find Wrecker irritating though.

Yeah solid, promising stuff, everything I expected tonally and as well written as I'd hoped. Very much looking forward to seeing the evolution from clone to stormtrooper unfold, and it looks like the Bad Batch are fully interwoven into all that. Omega was a welcome new surprise addition, and nice to see Tarkin immediately assume a position of power in the newly minted Empire. The Imperial training droids reminded me a little of Dark Troopers. Also, without rewatching it, was the escaped Padawan a young Kanan Jarrus?

Still find Wrecker irritating though.

Yes, to your spoiler.

Thought it was ok, always good to see a certain high ranking imperial officer. It felt like it was pitched a bit more towards kids than say the last season of the clone wars. But the I refuse to grow up so no problem there. I’m not embarrassed to admit I’ve started buying lego Star Wars sets recently.

it looks like it has the potential to be extremely dark with the threat of what will happen to the clones…

Well episode 2 only 30 mins but a bit of a slog. Filler episode, but dull.

I’ve only really dipped in and out of animated SW but the opening ep of this is probably the best I’ve seen to date. Really looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Nice episode. The Deserter was always a good episode so nice to see Cut and his family again. Probably of more interest to see the restrictions being placed on citizens so soon after the Empire has been established, particularly from the perspective the “ordinary” citizen.

Episode 2 fulfilled my doubts over Omega and Filoni et al. going all naïve in childlike wonder, with an intrusively saccharine symphonic score. When she looked around and did the wow dirt bit; I couldn't help but see Solo's eyeroll, as he looked at Rey going on about green.
The whole parenthood story, with uncles thrown in, had me thinking what the hell at times.
It's early days, so I trust it won't get too bogged down by it later on, otherwise Omega is always going to be millstone and keep things more childlike than I'd prefer.

Filoni constantly says that the best advice that Lucas gave him is to remember that Star Wars has to be for kids. Doesn't mean solely - but that you have to cater for them - particularly at the beginning to get them engaged. It's similar to Pixar, I think - it needs to work on both levels.

You can see this in all his work, particularly in Rebels and Clone Wars and to an extent in Mandalorian. Things start pretty light at the beginning, and that gives you the opportunity to go dark or more into Star Wars lore later on once you've got your younger audience hooked.

A bit of a slower one this week, but that's fine. Interesting to see the Empire beginning to exert itself over the galaxy's freedoms. I wonder at what point the clone trooper armour will be replaced by storm trooper armour (or if there will be an intermediate version). Genuinely curious about the role Omega will play in the rebellion to come.

A bit of a slower one this week, but that's fine. Interesting to see the Empire beginning to exert itself over the galaxy's freedoms. I wonder at what point the clone trooper armour will be replaced by storm trooper armour (or if there will be an intermediate version). Genuinely curious about the role Omega will play in the rebellion to come.
Well, they obviously have a free hand there but it also means she'll have to be one of the many unnamed or heard that played a role. But, and it's a big one, I can't imagine the hardcore to give Filoni et al. too much latitude for significance without a significant tie in.
The fact they switched from clones also somewhat knackers things with clone tales - after the somewhat vague retirement of them all.

I think I will save these up and binge. How many Eps are there?

Episode 3 was an enjoyable strange mix reminiscent of former dark clone trooper ep's blended with the lighter how to get out of trouble story with ore wildlife. Good to see the flame thrower out again, even if it pretty much has to be offscreen and obviously no screams.
It's interesting to think how the clones went from being reasoned, to near psychotic obedience but that that was then soon transferred to (oh the shame) human stormtroopers.

Last edited:
Episode 4 was good and Ming Na's assassin didn't let things down. A smart character reminiscent of a certain hat wielding Clone Wars mercenary. Interesting that they are being a bit harder in actually showing blaster burns killing victims more.

I’m curious to find out who hired her, the Kaminoans, the empire, Crimson Dawn/another party …

Last edited:
Charlie Sheen must be thrilled.

Now rumoured for January 2023. It's getting crazy delayed bad.

No doubt it'll be more filler mixed in with a few decent episodes but at least a tide over until more pop up.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom