Star Wars : The Bad Batch - Season 1& 2 (Disney+)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The Star wars universe is set to get another animated series. It's not a crossover with the Jason Momoa flick, but focuses on the a batch of clone troopers
that are genetically different from the other clones, and their journey as mercenaries in a post Clone War era...Their first appearance was in the Clone Wars animated series. Key to all of this is a returning Dave Filoni.

Last edited:
A good (and obvious if you've watched the Clone Wars) choice, for sure. A nice way to explore the immediate after effects of Revenge of the Sith, for sure.

Here's the Synopsis:

“The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch – a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.”

Lots more work for Dee Bradley Baker (who voices all the clones)!

Sounds alot like the Star Wars Republic Commando game, looking forward to it.

Great character. I'm still in awe of the fact that Ming Na Wen is 57 years old. She looks 20 years younger and kicks butt.

Charlie Sheen must be thrilled to lead this crew as Hunter.:D
I imagine most everyone who saw these guys in The Clone Wars was thinking what if?
It was a relief to here more animation was coming along the lines of Clone Wars and this should be a decent salve to cure the loss.

Could mods please move this to the new Star Wars movie/tv forum?

I’m not going be able to watch this without thinking of...

0C7AD906-89B7-44D4-83C0-F10CE372595A.jpeg

Definitely looking forward to this, hoping it is as good as Clone Wars.

I don’t want to veer this off track or anything but at what point in the SW Universe do they stop using clones for Stormtroopers ?
In the sequel trilogy, I’m sure they mention plucking kids from their family’s to be stormtroopers and Finn quite clearly is not Temuera Morrison.
There’s no mention of what they are in the original trilogy and obviously their origin is a large part of the prequels.
So what gives ?

By around 5 years after the end of the Clone Wars, clones had been replaced by humans according to the novel Tarkin.

I have to say, this was really good. Definitely taking up from Clone Wars in terms of quality and it will be interesting to see where the story goes. Well worth a watch.

Another good start to a Star Wars series, Feloni really has to take the reigns for any new films.

Really enjoyed that - Filoni back on top form again. Shame to see that Saw Gerrera isn't Forrest Whittaker any more, though.

As ever, it's all about set-up and laying the ground - but that's why these series always work so well.

I also really like the way they take Star Wars animation series to their natural conclusion - as they did with Clone Wars and Rebels - but still continue the overall storyline with new shows. Really helps to keep things from getting stale. Hope that continues with the live-action shows and Mando comes to a natural conclusion.

Also - this has video game potential all over it. I want it NOW.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom