Star Wars: Resistance

gavinhanly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oddly couldn't find a thread for this - so here are some catch-up links (inc latest story about Filoini being less involved on a daily basis - which may mean his role ar Lucasfilm is expanding).

If you're not caught up, it's set before Force Awakens, with Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie in the cast. Coming in Autumn (October rumoured).

Star Wars Resistance, All-New Anime-Inspired Series, Set for Fall Debut | StarWars.com

Star Wars Resistance TV Show First Look And Premiere Date May Have Been Revealed

Dave Filoni won't be the show-runner for Star Wars: Resistance

Resistance follows Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance for a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order.

The show premieres Sunday, October 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT in the US on Disney Channel, and will then roll out on Disney Channels across the world.

Artwork style seems quite similar to the Tron approach. Just hope this is as good as the last two efforts, because the main character seems a teeny bit annoying.

Oh dear, slapstick-tastic. Not a human Jar Jar Binks for pity's sake.
Whenever someone mentions Tron, I think oh that had some truly great stuff with some really dark and deep episodes. If only a Star Wars series could be brave enough - though the latter Clone Wars approached it.

I read it will ONLY be on the new Disney streaming thing? So it excludes being on Blu-ray later? And only 12 episodes? Not sure I'm excited now

No, it's on the Disney channel, like Rebels before it. So you can assume Blu Ray later on. The Disney streaming service isn't ready yet. And even when that's ready, you can expect a blu-ray (in the same way some Amazon/Netflix series make it to Blu Ray).

And series 1 of Rebels only had 15 eps, so expect a bigger second series if it takes off.

Exclusive 'Star Wars Resistance' Character Cards Reveal Team Fireball, BB-8, and More

star-wars-resistance-characters-bb-8-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-poe-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-bucket-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-kaz-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-yeager-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-tam-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-characters-neeku-600x600.jpg

star-wars-resistance-posters-409x600.jpg

been saying for years Poe Dameron is the most interesting character in the new trilogy

Well, I watched the first 4 and if they're going to stay on the station and watch racers go round in a circle all season in between basic stories, this is going to fizzle quick. The younger viewer in the house found it funny but even they looked a bit uninterested at times instead of the wonder at other Star Wars series.

Last edited:
Even the imdb massive are hating it 4.7 rating.:eek:

Seen 8 episodes, watched it with my 7 year old girl - both of us pretty bored so far. Hope it picks up soon....

Anyone know when this starts again on Disney XD? They were a week behind before the mid-season break and now I think there've been 2-3 episodes shown in the US but nothing in the UK.

I'm mildly enjoying it. It's similar to how Rebels started in that it is taking a while to get going and I ended up loving that so I'm hoping this improves to a decent level.

Star Wars Resistance
Latest/Next UK Season: 1b (returning after mid-season break)
Latest/Next UK TV Air Date: 09 March 2019 at 8:00 am
UK Channel: Disney XD

I stopped around ep 6 but have been meaning to give it another go. I don't think it's quite caught on like rebels but has it improved since then?

So I finally picked this up again and it improves massively from about the half-way point, when the First Order really comes into play. By the end, it's set up a couple of the characters on much more interesting plot paths - not to mention the station itself.

Finale spoilers...

Making the next series space-based, due to the station launch - and the good/bad guys clearly defined should push this along a much better path. That plus Caz having to deal with the destruction of Hoznia Prime and Tam going over to the First Order also stirs things up a lot. Loved the tying in with the Force Awakens.

I'm assuming that about half-way through series 2 (i.e. post SWIX release) we'll start to push beyond the Last Jedi timeline too.

So, much improved. Some ways to go - the space bits still pale when compared to The Clone Wars, but there's much to look forward to.

So I finally picked this up again and it improves massively from about the half-way point, when the First Order really comes into play. By the end, it's set up a couple of the characters on much more interesting plot paths - not to mention the station itself.

Finale spoilers...

Making the next series space-based, due to the station launch - and the good/bad guys clearly defined should push this along a much better path. That plus Caz having to deal with the destruction of Hoznia Prime and Tam going over to the First Order also stirs things up a lot. Loved the tying in with the Force Awakens.

I'm assuming that about half-way through series 2 (i.e. post SWIX release) we'll start to push beyond the Last Jedi timeline too.

So, much improved. Some ways to go - the space bits still pale when compared to The Clone Wars, but there's much to look forward to.

I wonder if they will end up in unexplored space and cross paths with Ezri, Sabine and Ahsoka.

Season 2 trailer - didn't realise that they only got one more season:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom