Star Wars Original Trilogy DVDs announced!

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just had an email from DVD Talk saying that a four disc set will be released on Sept 21st (R1 anyway). It will be THX approved with a DD-EX soundtrack for each. There will also be commentaries from GL and select cast members, as well as a 4th disc (ala Indy boxset). Oh...these will be"special editions" only and not available separately.

That's all I have so far.

Cheers

I'm less than excited after reading the press report, it seems no deleted scenes will be made available even though we know many exist, the Greedo shoots first scene remains intact as does Lukes annoying ahhhh cry as he falls down Cloud City in Empire Strikes back, the sound is the remastered 1997 cinema versions which don't excite me much.

George ditch Greedo shoots first and that awful ahhhh sound in Empire and remaster the soundtracks from scratch as some of the sound effects don't match, heres a link to a page which details some sound effects out of synch due to the tampering for the special editions.

http://users.fdn.com/~datalore/starwars/esbindex.htm

I'm not happy about this release its been a long wait and the extras are pathetically bad, and its just those annoying special editions, we all know George is working on different edits of these films and whats going to happen is we buy these versions then 2 years later the super duper special editions are released, what a rip off.

Since you "know" that in two years time the "super duper" editions will be released it is not a "rip off".

If people want to wait, wait

Let those who want to buy, buy.

TBH I can't see why both versions of the film can't be put on and scenes 'branched' in ala Alien Quadrilogy.

Originally posted by Racquel Darrian
TBH I can't see why both versions of the film can't be put on and scenes 'branched' in ala Alien Quadrilogy.

$$

Branching wouldnt work because of the fact scenes havent just been added you have countless "fixed" composites and special effects scenes and music cues that have been changed.

Originally posted by FoxyMulder
Branching wouldnt work because of the fact scenes havent just been added you have countless "fixed" composites and special effects scenes and music cues that have been changed.

I still don't understand this arguement. Seamless branching can easily handle additions, subtractions, audio changes and anything else Star Wars can throw at it.

Stop bloody whinging and celebrate the fact that at last we are gonna get the most wanted DVD's of all :clap: :clap: :smashin:

:lesson: If the original release isn't specced enough then ******* wait for the next ONE
:rolleyes:

Matt

Every single scene has had its color fixed and adjusted, seamless branching would not work and hey i'm very underwhelmed with whats on offer, where are all the deleted scenes which exist, i will moan especially since the audio is out of synch on Empire and he won't fix it for this release.

Originally posted by Malone
Stop bloody whinging and celebrate the fact that at last we are gonna get the most wanted DVD's of all :clap: :clap: :smashin:

:lesson: If the original release isn't specced enough then ******* wait for the next ONE
:rolleyes:

Matt

Well said :smashin:

I can't wait for this. It's a long time until september :D

Films I want, extras not bothered.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom