Star Wars Original Trilogy (Blu-ray Steelbook)

snooloui

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Purchase links: Amazon - Base.com - Sainsbury's - Zavvi

Release date: 08/04/2013

10728182-1360865178-59029-jpg.531428

Attachments

• 10728182-1360865178-59029.jpg
    10728182-1360865178-59029.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 468
  • 10728182-1360865178-59122.jpg
    10728182-1360865178-59122.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 10728182-1360865178-59051.jpg
    10728182-1360865178-59051.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Individual I hope. Id grab A New Hope and Empire
The prequels and Return of the Jedi can stay away lol

very interested if it is the original unaltered trilogy, no interest at all if it is special edition or later version

robin32 said:
very interested if it is the original unaltered trilogy, no interest at all if it is special edition or later version

Got any more jokes? ;)

That'll be the fourth steelbook wave lol. That lucas cash cow is rolling on for a bit yet

actually thinking about it I would be torn, if the design was really nice I would be tempted to buy it and store my DVD's that have the poor quality but unaltered versions on them, but on the other hand I really dont want to spend money on the new versions out of principle. Think Lucas' stance on this is bizarre, I think people would look much more favourably of the new versions if the original versions were also available, people enjoy new scenes and special editions but they dont want to lose the original version they first experienced, it is the fact that lucas is trying to replace the orignal rather than suplement it

Individual I hope. Id grab A New Hope and Empire
The prequels and Return of the Jedi can stay away lol

I know this probably isn't the thread to discuss the films themselves but I do think ROTJ is unfairly maligned, it is clearly the worst of the originals by quite a distance but it is still crammed full of iconic moments, (*spoilers*) the vader lightsaber battle is the most intense of all the films (despite the prequels fancy choreography), vader confronting the emperor, the removal of his mask, the funeral pyre (lots of good vader moments), leia's bounty hunter han rescue, han and lukes reunion, luke's escape from the barge, leia taking on jabba. The only part of the film that is not as satisfying is the endor part, which only really accounts for one half of the final third of the film. I even like some parts of that, C3P0 telling the story so far to the ewoks, luke and leia talking at night in the ewok village. I guess what I am saying is I know it is flawed but there is a lot of good in it. The same cannot be said of the prequels.

I know this probably isn't the thread to discuss the films themselves but I do think ROTJ is unfairly maligned, it is clearly the worst of the originals by quite a distance but it is still crammed full of iconic moments, (*spoilers*) the vader lightsaber battle is the most intense of all the films (despite the prequels fancy choreography), vader confronting the emperor, the removal of his mask, the funeral pyre (lots of good vader moments), leia's bounty hunter han rescue, han and lukes reunion, luke's escape from the barge, leia taking on jabba. The only part of the film that is not as satisfying is the endor part, which only really accounts for one half of the final third of the film. I even like some parts of that, C3P0 telling the story so far to the ewoks, luke and leia talking at night in the ewok village. I guess what I am saying is I know it is flawed but there is a lot of good in it. The same cannot be said of the prequels.

Fair points. Agreed

Love ROTJ. Nuff said. Would be interested in the OT if it were the unaltered versions.

nice.... a nice pack a-la Amazon.DE's dark knight trilogy would be epic! :smashin:

Well the netherlands (I think... might have been a different country) had a steelbook for each trilogy and they just re-used the amaray art.

Dunno if ill get this, depends on price and art... I already have the set of all them (with the bonus discs)

This would be great for the OT.
I personally love ROTJ as that is the SW film i really grew up on/with. also the one i had all the figures for when i was a kid :)

wow i dont visit for a few days and the steelbook world is full of news.

although ive dreamed of this since dvd steelbook days i just hope they are not jumbos.

of course ill still have to keep my online exclusive 9 disc bluray set for the bonus discs.....great.

Lucas has far too big an ego to admit that he's messed up the originals with his tampering.

the sad thing is he has admitted it, but not as something he regrets but as something deliberate, he originals were destroyed to make the special editions. He had no desire to preserve the originals, turned down requests for copies of the original to be preserved by film institutes, because the original is not his 'vision'.

Despite him saying that I find it hard to be true, how could you risk messing up the originals, even if you had no desire to preserve them surely just as a back up incase something went wrong on some special edition tampering you would need to have the original to go back to. Here is hoping that there are high quality versions hidden away somewhere that will eventually see the light of day.

Attachments

• 81gR-DTUhnL_AA1500__zps5cf38a8e.jpg
    81gR-DTUhnL_AA1500__zps5cf38a8e.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 2,866
  • 910wQJCAIcL._AA1500_.jpg
    910wQJCAIcL._AA1500_.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 81ObgP2AJuL._AA1500_.jpg
    81ObgP2AJuL._AA1500_.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 1,384
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
it looks ok, at least its not just the amaray case artwork. The inside artwork would have been nicer with a space battle scene, or the medal ceremony.

Lazy front artwork...back is ok, but i would of preferred some sort of classic artwork for this Steelbook..

Only just starting to bother with steel books but ill be having this on pre order I personally like the artwork but the inside is naff :-/

I was looking forward to this but im not blown away by the artwork. I think i'll pass on this.

Last edited:
not sure if ill get it, i have the complete saga set... but it is a steelbook and its star wars, but it doesnt look anything amazing.... if the price is reasonable i might get it

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom