• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Star Wars on Sky HD

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
Has Sky show any of the Star Wars in HD .. If so do you know of any plans of them to re show them ?

Goodoldbakes

Established Member
Has Sky show any of the Star Wars in HD .. If so do you know of any plans of them to re show them ?

Yes, late last year - before I got HD. I think that they showed them all, even the first 3.

As for repeats, there's nothing showing on Digiguide for May or June. Sorry. :(

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
Yes, late last year - before I got HD. I think that they showed them all, even the first 3.

As for repeats, there's nothing showing on Digiguide for May or June. Sorry. :(

I've email Sky asking if they are planning of re running these movies in HD. I will keep you updated on their response.

Star Wars Revisited is even better!.. but.. shhhh.. don't mention it.

D

dvdmike007

ITV have had them on since guess they have the rights now

Bachstrad

Prominent Member
ITV have had them on since guess they have the rights now

In HD????? (as in the HD rights because they obviously haven't shown them in HD yet) All six Starwars films have been on Sky in HD.

ATB

Max

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
They were all on in HD this time last year - I remember praying for my 1TB drive to arrive in time (it did! now all safely locked on the HDD).

But given the gap since their last showing, that ITV have showed the prequels and the fact that Lucasfilm must now be getting ready for a BluRay release (think they were waiting for the format war to be won) - I'd guess they will not be shown on Sky HD for a long time now.

Only way of getting them would be to find someone with them stored on their Sky HD drive and use Copy+ to duplicate the recordings on to your HDD (though I'm not sure if this would be legal - probably not to be honest).

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
I'd guess they will not be shown on Sky HD for a long time now.

Yeah I bet your right :mad:, What was the PQ like ?

Scapegoat

Prominent Member
Yeah I bet your right :mad:, What was the PQ like ?

Not to rub it in, but it was fantastic.

I have recently contracted glandular fever and been off work a bit - watched all 6 films over the course of 5 days. Real WOW factor IMO.

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
Not to rub it in, but it was fantastic.

I have recently contracted glandular fever and been off work a bit - watched all 6 films over the course of 5 days. Real WOW factor IMO.

:thumbsdow I wish I could watch them...

F1Fan72

Prominent Member
As promised, This was Sky response.

Dear James

Thank you for your email about Star Wars broadcasting in HD.

Sky has no plans at present with regard to the above, however, I have forwarded on your interest to the Movie Department Team for their attention.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Janette Forsyth
Viewer Relations

Goodoldbakes

Established Member
At least Sky got back to you, which was more than the BBC did to me when I complained about Tiger - Spy In The Jungle. :mad:

allanp

Established Member
Sky showed all of them, but the German Premiere HD broadcasts were better for the original trilogy as the Sky encoder seemed to remove all the film grain from the prints.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom