mcav

Established Member
Reaction score
Damnit!

Does anyone know if the new trilogy will be put out in HD

I noticed that Episode 3 was in HD a while back

We can but hope.

:lease: Sky - do it!

I've seen elsewhere on the forums that Episodes IV, V and VI will not be in HD but Episodes I, II and III will.

I'm fairly sure that the prequels (Episodes 1,2, & 3) will be in HD although the original trilogy (episodes 4,5, & 6) will not be in native HD... cheers Sky :thumbsdow

Also, the Star Wars 'extravaganza' that Sky are plugging big time at the moment is not even being broadcast in order of the story. It'll be broadcast in the following order starting this weekend I think:

1st - A New Hope
2nd - Empire Strikes Back
3rd - Return of The Jedi
4th - Phantom Menace
5th - Attack of The Clones
6th - Revenge of The Sith

Yes broadcast in the right order

It is perfectly possible to have a glorious HD Ep IV V and VI but I can understand why George may not want to put them out in HD...

But then it's hardly going to hamper the Blu Ray sales of the Saga....

Flat_Webb said:
I'm fairly sure that the prequels (Episodes 1,2, & 3) will be in HD although the original trilogy (episodes 4,5, & 6) will not be in native HD... cheers Sky :thumbsdow

Also, the Star Wars 'extravaganza' that Sky are plugging big time at the moment is not even being broadcast in order of the story. It'll be broadcast in the following order starting this weekend I think:

1st - A New Hope
2nd - Empire Strikes Back
3rd - Return of The Jedi
4th - Phantom Menace
5th - Attack of The Clones
6th - Revenge of The Sith
It is being released in the correct order - as the films were released. Already had a debate on the AF Forums members' preference for this and the results, shall we say, were interesting - see this thread

This whole thing Sky are doing with Star Wars at the moment is, of course, conveniently just prior to the release of the original (theatrical versions) of episodes 4,5, and 6 on DVD. Wonder how much Mr Lucas slipped into the side-pocket of 'ol Rupert for that free publicity....

Flat_Webb said:
This whole thing Sky are doing with Star Wars at the moment is, of course, conveniently just prior to the release of the original (theatrical versions) of episodes 4,5, and 6 on DVD. Wonder how much Mr Lucas slipped into the side-pocket of 'ol Rupert for that free publicity....
Cynicism is a wonderful thing :smashin: I thought Sky were doing it as a countdown to the Sky Movies Premiere of Episode III? :thumbsup:

You can get the theatrical versions (non spec eds) on DVD now...

George is a clever bunny though. In about a year you'll have the saga in HD on blu ray to buy.

It's like buying the white album on every different format it comes out on :D

The Episode III DVD is one of THE best discs to show off your AV kit to people with IMHO. A Blu-Ray print of Episode III ought to be amazing, did anyone see it when it was first broadcast on SBO HD? I didn't get my Sky HD till yesterday so missed the first run.....

It's interesting that in the September Sky Movies highlights brochure Star Wars Episode III doesn't have [HD] next to it. Surely they wouldn't...would they?

StarWarsEpIII.jpg

Compare that to:-

WeddingCrashers.jpg

zAndy1 said:
It's interesting that in the September Sky Movies highlights brochure Star Wars Episode III doesn't have [HD] next to it. Surely they wouldn't...would they?

Another example of SKY simply not being 100% sure they had the rights to broadcast a HD version at the time of publication/creation of the piece?
Since the HD aspect is included in the actual listings then I am not worried:)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom