Star Wars - Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Please be that canned one 1313, that game looked amazing!!!

A Letter From Stig - Respawn Entertainment

RESPAWN BLOG

StarwarsHeader.jpg

A LETTER FROM STIG
I’ve got a good feeling about this…

We’ve all heard this story before. At 5 years old you see something beyond comprehension, an extraordinary fantasy that at first doesn’t seem real, but in time becomes inspirational law. The heroes, the villains, the visions, the sounds, the music, imprinted forever. Of course I am describing Star Wars™, the most influential franchise in modern history, and we at Respawn Entertainment are honored to have the chance to contribute to that legacy.

I am happy to announce our partnership with Electronic Arts and Lucasfilm to deliver a whole new adventure to the galaxy.

For me, just typing these words is surreal. I have been playing Star Wars games my whole life, now I get to make a Star Wars game. On top of that, I get to do it at Respawn, a studio comprised of the most talented collection of game makers, creators, visionaries, and (most importantly) advocates for the player, that I have had the good fortune to work with. And we, like you all, have no shortage of Star Wars passion.

The entire company erupted in cheers when it was announced that this would be our next endeavor.

But it’s not all fun and games — we promise to pay respect to the Star Wars legacy at all times, a fact that will be constantly reinforced and honored as a central game design tenet. Fans should expect the exemplary level of quality first established at Respawn with Titanfall, a game that epitomizes our studio’s dedication to slick, larger-than-life action and fun, groundbreaking mechanics. Moving forward, we couldn’t ask for a better universe in which to continue this journey, and although I would love to share all of the exciting places we are going, we have the following piece of information to divulge with you all today:

We’ll be making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.

Now, I understand on the surface this might sound a bit dry, but developing a game within the ever-expanding Star Wars universe opens up so many paths for us to go down, and an unparalleled playground to design within. We have already planted the seeds by assembling a small, but incredibly talented team, ready for the amazing journey that lies ahead. With this in mind we are looking to expand the dream.

Do you want to join us on a journey to a galaxy far, far away? We are hiring in all departments.

Looking back to 1977, I witnessed Star Wars unleash its magic on the big screen, forever changing me (little did I know how much at the time). The crazy thing is this magic doesn’t have a shelf life. Decades later I observed the same wonder in my kids’ eyes as they watched A New Hope. What a rarity, for a book, a film, or even a game to have that kind of impact, spanning several generations, even promising to continue into future ones. The opportunity to be a part of that is not something to take for granted. This is an opportunity that I, the team, and Respawn could not and would not pass up.

This is the chance of a lifetime.

Ah so this is where Battlefronts singleplayer has been hiding?

November release date still plenty of time for EA to cancel it then.

When is this going to be shown at SW Celebration?

Event Information - Star Wars Celebration

Sat, Apr 13, 2019
1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Celebration Stage - Wintrust Arena

Join the head of Respawn Entertainment, Vince Zampella, and Game Director, Stig Asmussen, along with many special guests, to be the first to learn about this holiday’s highly anticipated action adventure game, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Hear how Respawn and Lucasfilm collaborated on this original Star Wars story, following a young Padawan’s journey in the Dark Times following Order 66. And of course, we’ll have a few surprises in store.

Thats American Central time I think too.

Last edited:
Interest dial is now all the way to 11 :)

Really looking forward to this We haven't had a single player Story based Star wars game since Force Unleashed Two Which was 2010, I just hope they keep to their promise of no microtransactions or any other BS it is EA after all, but they have let Respawn do what they want with Apex legends so hopefully the same here, will see in Novemeber.

didnt really grab me thought it looked like another force unleashed game.

but then im not looking forward to the new star wars film either.

I’m keeping an eye on this one, but will reserve judgement until I’ve seen gameplay.

Yeah, I can't believe they will just sell it as pay-once-no-more-monetisation, even if it sold 5 million copies that wouldn't be "enough to make it worthwhile".

Yeah, I can't believe they will just sell it as pay-once-no-more-monetisation, even if it sold 5 million copies that wouldn't be "enough to make it worthwhile".
I imagine it'll be fairly short with expansions coming sooner rather than later.

It's looking pretty good so far, I love the damage the lightsabre does to the clone armour.

The have looks good, hopefully it won't be as difficult as Sekiro, or DS games, I think I'll be waiting a few months before buying though, been burned with Anthem, and BFV and BF1 so not giving EA any cash until I know it's fully working.

You could try it on EA Access.

Graphically its a triffle on the Dark Side but gameplay looks spot on. I loved that bit where he force freezes the shot then force pulls the trooper into the path of his own blast.

Basically the Star Wars game we've all been waiting for since The Force Awakens, but for some reason, they denied us that and gave us trashy 1st person gamers like that one that came out a couple of years back and the lego stuff. All i'm saying is that this type of Star Wars game should have been out YEARS ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom