Star Wars Holiday Special 2 (TBC)

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Basking in the glory of The Mandalorian, Jon Favreau has been talking up the idea of a sequel to the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special. As most people in a Star Wars Forum already know, the original was a one off episode, made with the original SW cast (Ford, Fisher etc), but deemed so terrible, it was never rebroadcast, or released on video. It was notable for an appearance of one Boba Fett in animated form. Favreau references this as inspiration for what The Mandalorian eventually became.
I wasn't to sure where to start the thread, and who knows what form the special might take, so the SW forum seemed as good a place as any.

1573819494872.png

1573819334105.png

Attachments

WhyDoIBother

who knows what form the special might take
I've had a reasonably good copy of the original special for a long time but I have never managed to watch it for long without skipping through the bulk - it's not even so bad it's good.

If they do go for it maybe some well written satire/parody of 'Star Wars through the ages' with disco interludes would work best - definitely shouldn't go serious with it.

McNab

The Holiday Special is so bad it goes right through 'so bad', blast straight past 'so bad it's good' and comes full circle back to 'so bad' with it's tale between it's legs.

I have tried to watch it numerous times and after 10 minutes or so, I just can't bring myself to continue, or even fast forward to the 'good' bits.

Didn't they mention Life Day in this week's Mandalorian episode?

SyStemDeMoN

It was really bad, probably the only thing with star wars in the title that is worse than Last Jedi.

DemonAV

Distinguished Member
Yes its bad, very bad. Chewies granddad (Lumpy?) getting over excited watching a very sexy Diane Carole talking dirty whilst wearing a virtual reality headset. Mark Hamill wearing blue eye shadow, looking like a paedophiles wet dream and Carrie Fisher singing some mumbo jumbo about Life Day to the Star Wars main theme is just wrong. Weird, bizarre and downright suspect piece of entertainment even for the late 70's. No wonder Lucas said if he had the time he would hunt down every bootleg copy and smash it with a hammer. Another SW TV Special is probably a very bad idea.

Last edited:

Sonic67

Banned
Yes its bad, very bad. Chewies granddad (Lumpy?) getting over excited watching a very sexy Diane Carole talking dirty whilst wearing a virtual reality headset. Mark Hamill wearing blue eye shadow, looking like a paedophiles wet dream and Carrie Fisher singing some mumbo jumbo about Life Day to the Star Wars main theme is just wrong.
My favourite scene is towards the end when you can see the actual moment Harrison Ford just stopped caring.

"Stir, whip, stir, whip, whip, whip, stir! Stir, whip, stir, whip..."

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I enjoyed it, re-live past SW moments and timeline shenanigans, and we briefly
got Mando & the child
:) 7/10

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom