Star Wars - General Thread

Thing is, I remember people saying they were 'done' with the MCU after Endgame (not because they were anti-Marvel, but because it seemed like the end). Yet Spidey still went straight into the $1billion club with room to spare, so the MCU appetite remained strong. There's life in the 'ol dog yet and I think Black Widow is going to be a barnstormer too; folks have waited for that one for a long time. Perhaps down the road interest may wane a bit, so I guess it's up to The Eternals to pull off the same trick as Guardians of the Galaxy did.

I am one of those people! 😅
But like I say, Spidey will always rope people back in because he is inarguably the best superhero. He is. I will fight anyone who disagrees.

It also might have made a difference that Far From Home was labelled as the Phase 3 coda, keeping people on the hook to see it.

Good point on Black Widow, though. She's definitely a character people have a reason to care about. Especially after the events of Endgame (do I need to spoiler this? Surely all 8 billion humans have now seen that movie).

We're miles of topic.

Quick, someone say "Star Wars"!

The order in which you would do them?
Good taste. Going straight for the weird zombie robot.

Of those it would have to be the green skinned hottie with the head tails.

But the lack of gender representation in Star Wars' Generals is outrageous.

the lack of gender representation in Star Wars' Generals is outrageous.

And isn't that a little bit like our own world? Aren't we the real monsters for not putting women in charge of our men with space guns? Maybe George Lucas wasn't such a nutjob weirdo money-grubbing hack after all!

I think we should add a poll to the thread: 'your favourite Star Wars General'.

I think Veers for me. No nonsense, gets the job done, manages not to fail Darth Vader (and therefore survive unthrottled).
1575302905276.png

If he'd been on Endor he'd have stomped those Ewok bastards.

Admiral Ozzel for me, as at the time I was amazed Mr Bronson from Grange Hill was in the Empire.

1575303188183.png

Another good vid here, this guy hits the nail firmly on the head not only with the current starwars movies but current pop culture in general.
Although i should state i do not agree with some of his comments regarding guns and how a man should behave.

Another good vid here, this guy hits the nail firmly on the head not only with the current starwars movies but current pop culture in general.
Although i should state i do not agree with some of his comments regarding guns and how a man should behave.

This guy also famously thinks that black people are genetically less intelligent than white people, something that has been disproven thousands of times over...so, feel free to disregard any opinions he has on anything.

This guy also famously thinks that black people are genetically less intelligent than white people, something that has been disproven thousands of times over...so, feel free to disregard any opinions he has on anything.
Yes that point seems rather ridiculous (this isn’t in this video) however he is spot on regarding Hollywood and the current state of pop culture.

In your opinion.
Personally, I think he's a mentalist who's talking out of his rear end.
No he’s right in regards to pop culture. Not sure how you can deny it. Woke culture has engulfed Hollywood that much is obvious. Why they have to destroy or alter what has come before makes no sense.

Last edited:
My pro tip of the day is:
If you don't like the new Star Wars movies, don't watch them.
Actually, scratch that. If you don't like movies, don't watch them.
You'll feel much happier.

Last edited:
Fiege has two more 'Phases' to oversee, why would Marvel stand him down when his track record is so exemplary so far?

Kennedy also has a good track record (which people seem to forget). The star wars brand is also showing signs of reunification with The Mandalorian, Jedi: Fallen Order and a promising looking Rise of Skywalker. It's just the hardcore 'fandom menace' crew that are stubbornly insisting on her being fired. Let's see how things stand after TROS.

Do you have any evidence of superhero fatigue?
View attachment 1227073

‘Perhaps, though takings have dropped and the current movie is tracking below last Jedi but that means little. I just hope they don’t drop the ball and do it justice. My hopes are high, I like JJ and the trailer was good. I Don’t mean she should be fired this week, it would a phased and controlled hand over but I think it needs a change, just like George had to step back.

As for Marvel, we have had 20+ movies in just over a decade, I think casual people will naturally get bored and drift, it’s unlikely the hardcore fans will get bored. We also have whatever DC will comeback with and the numerous TV shows from both sides.

There are some good points in there (although nothing that hasn't been said a hundred times). However a lot of it was also god-bothering conservative christian bull****.

Mate, I hate identity politics as much as you and think what started as a well-intentioned effort to deliver social justice has become divisive and toxic. But I think it's impact on Star Wars is grossly exaggerated. You have to realise Disney/Lucasfilm are all about money, not 'agendas'. Diversity and inclusion, even if it means bigging up certain groups, are designed to maximise the potential audience. And its worked: Star Wars films under Kennedy have made billions. You can't use 'Solo' as a barometer of star wars either, as it was basically an unwanted spin off. Even I couldn't be arsed with it.

Yeah, female characters have been overpowered to almost patronising levels in certain films recently, and its a strategy that's misplaced (and beginning to backfire). But Rey is by no means the worst example. She's shown to be a caring and compassionate character and her skill set can at least be partially explained.

I agree with some of the points raised by 'The Fandom Menace' and other anti-SJWs, but once you start down their dark path you can end up down a bitter and warped rabbit hole. Don't go there. Accept that some things are the way they are as part of the current zeitgeist, it wont last. Take a chill pill, and come back to the light side. Rise of Skywalker looks awesome.

I think we should add a poll to the thread: 'your favourite Star Wars General'.

I think Veers for me. No nonsense, gets the job done, manages not to fail Darth Vader (and therefore survive unthrottled).
View attachment 1227218

If he'd been on Endor he'd have stomped those Ewok bastards.
My General 😍

open-uri20150608-27674-v41y4v_9cb36d68.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom