Quantcast

Star Wars - General Thread

Skull n Bones

Shows how they relied too much on fan service which resulted in a wasted opportunity for a new trilogy. Still, the mouse was happy with the revenue but the name was reduced to ridicule. Seems the Chinese have better taste...

Last edited:

gavinhanly

Well, in a few months they'll probably start to map out what comes next. I just hope that some of the movies/TV Shows actually move things forward and we're not going to just go into a prequel/Old Republic setting for the next decade.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Obviously the extended fight against a Sith Lord and his Empire has been done to death now.

So I'd like to see something completely different going forward with regards to the films.

Let the TV shows explore the world beneath the overarching Empire story.

Vila

Thank God that didnt make Underworld it looks awful, the acting seems prequel quality as well.

Bossk128

The Mandalorian S2 is not far off in October 2020

jdevil

Distinguished Member

richp007

Distinguished Member
Couldn't resist this at 99p from Amazon. Ended up with two of them cos they lost one and then it turned up. Gave it to my nephew.

Some interesting stuff inside.

20200130_114839.jpg

richp007

Distinguished Member
I got all those :)
I wasn't interested in The Force Awakens one to be honest, but when the time comes I'll defo be nabbing the Rise of Skywalker one for 99p!

I've also bought a few more - a big Star Wars one, a DC one, and a Marvel one. They look tremendous.

gavinhanly

Interesting to see the direction - but it's not surprising. I do wonder when we'll get a proper unveiling of the new slate though. Celebration isn't until August - so it feels a little late to announce. Unless they got for the new Marvel style of unveiling a timeline of events there.

I'm assuming this order:
  • Clone Wars - this month
  • Mandalorian 2 - October 2020
  • TBA Rebels follow-up: 2020/21
  • Cassian Andor: 2021
  • Mandalorian 3: 2021
  • Obi-Wan - 2022
  • TBA Live-Action series: 2022
  • Mandalorian 3/spin-off 2022
  • Cassian Andor 2 (if it's good): 2022
  • Next live-action film: Christmas 2022
Which all adds up to a lot. And expect Battlefront 3 in there somewhere too.

caz2005

I think it's obvious that a lot of the people behind the scenes with decision making powers weren't that in to Star Wars or invested in any overarching and cohesive story. The fact that the strategy was to see what each director came up with as they go..... madness! And no obviously the best thing for them to do is to pause and come up with better ideas. Too bad it's too late for the Skywalker saga.