• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Star Wars - General Thread

Garrett

New Star Wars stamps and Star Wars stamp relates items.

Fillumgeek

I think the Mandalorian is great btw. Especially if you love the OT and even more especially if you
either love or hate or love/hate Jawas.

:)

Garrett

Spoilers

Garrett

And chapter V Spoilers

Garrett

Last of the first trilogy or is that the second.
Spoilers inc who turns up in episode 9.

Garrett

First of the second trilogy or is that the first. :confused: :laugh:
Spoilers

Garrett

Chapter II
Spoilers

Garrett

And chapter 3
With the same spoiler who turns up in Chapter 9.

Garrett

And the one that joined the first trilogy to the second or second to first.
Spoilers

Garrett

They got this spot of of how I felt about the film cracking joke about the name of one of the characters. Almost as good as why Die Hard was called Die Hard.
Spoilers

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
New Rockstars have been doing some breakdowns of the originals

ANH

ESB

Garrett

And the Last Jedi.
Spoilers

Garrett

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Know this is the movie section but it’s worth asking
Years ago, the expanded universe novels are what renewed my love in reading and I read pretty much all of them. They obviously things changed and they became no longer cannon

I just wandered, of the books since released, is there a list, chronologically by time line, of current books that are cannon?

I have a fair few picked up from various amazon sales but as yet not read them.

thanks.

SDMDAM

Know this is the movie section but it’s worth asking
Years ago, the expanded universe novels are what renewed my love in reading and I read pretty much all of them. They obviously things changed and they became no longer cannon

I just wandered, of the books since released, is there a list, chronologically by time line, of current books that are cannon?

I have a fair few picked up from various amazon sales but as yet not read them.

thanks.
Hi, there are a few, I don't have it handy but if you Google SW books chronology you should get something.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Was planning on buying my kid a death star escape lego set - then MrsMarkusThatch told me not to be so tight and get and order the lego millenium falcon. Well it was in the black friday sale so rude not to :blush:

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Nah, it's one with characters from episode 9.

Malingo

Watched TLJ again tonight in advance of Rise of Skywalker.

I still contend that, remove Rose and Finn's plotline entirely, and you have an incredible Star Wars movie. Even including that, it's the most visually spectacular Star Wars. In the cinema I really enjoyed myself but I was on the fence about it as a Star Wars main entry, but the more I see it, the more I find to love. And the more I find myself forgiving the real clangers it drops.

tonyk79

Watched TLJ again tonight in advance of Rise of Skywalker.

I still contend that, remove Rose and Finn's plotline entirely, and you have an incredible Star Wars movie. Even including that, it's the most visually spectacular Star Wars. In the cinema I really enjoyed myself but I was on the fence about it as a Star Wars main entry, but the more I see it, the more I find to love. And the more I find myself forgiving the real clangers it drops.
I agree, the Rose and Finn plot line is rubbish and robbed us of screen time that could have been used to further character development of Rey, Kylo, Snoke and Luke. What they done to Luke was disgraceful, the original cast not a single scene together, hell Luke shows no remorse for Han at all. Who the hell was Snoke, what was his point?

As a stand-alone film, it works ok and is decent but you can see the trouble the development had with the change of directors and the script rewrite. I think it’s time for Kathleen Kennedy to step down, let the Marvel guy take over and get the Russo brothers to start a new trilogy.

Malingo

I agree, the Rose and Finn plot line is rubbish and robbed us of screen time that could have been used to further character development of Rey, Kylo, Snoke and Luke. What they done to Luke was disgraceful, the original cast not a single scene together, hell Luke shows no remorse for Han at all. Who the hell was Snoke, what was his point?

As a stand-alone film, it works ok and is decent but you can see the trouble the development had with the change of directors and the script rewrite. I think it’s time for Kathleen Kennedy to step down, let the Marvel guy take over and get the Russo brothers to start a new trilogy.
I don't know, dude.
I feel like we have enough Marvel movies already. I'd like Star Wars to have its own vibe
The moments of Marvelising in recent Star Wars movies - quippy script, vastly too many main characters - already grates with me a little.

(Also, I love what they did to Luke. They turned him into Yoda )

SDMDAM

The lack of screen time together for the original cast is squarely down to JJ, nothing to do with TLJ.