Star Wars: Episode VIII – The Last Jedi title announced by Lucasfilm

:thumbsup:

Well we had the last true...ish Jedi's with a fleeting glimpse in TFA
The saga (hopefully ) moves on in this , and always with the Skywalker saga in prime position storywise.

As far back as 1983 I thought that The Last Jedi or Last of the Jedi would have made great alternative titles for Return of the Jedi. So that's the second time Luke has found himself on his own.

Damn I was hoping it was going to be Return Of Jar Jar Binks.

That will be in Episode IX - The Phantom Strikes Back.

Last edited:
Interesting red Sith-like colour change to the logo outline gives it a sinister overtone ... I wonder what's coming !

I would imagine that the sequel trilogy may follow a similar schematic to the original trilogy. Rebels -> Empire -> Rebels.

More so than the odd-ball meandering of the prequel trilogy.

Are we really debating and the film title and the change of colour on the logo? :D It even made the damned national news...

Disney really has us all suckered!

"What did you watch last night?"
"Jedi"
"Which one?"
"Last one"

My thoughts exactly, Ste7en! Another example of why Disney shouldn't have taken over the Star Wars franchise because they don't even know the rules of choosing a Star Wars title. Firstly, all Star Wars titles tend to be of traditional style like those of B-movies (eg "Attack of the..", "Revenge of the...", "Return of the...", "...Strikes Back", "The Phantom...", so at least that's something they got correct with "The Last Jedi." But what they didn't get right is that the subject noun of the title (Jedi) needs to unique from other titles. In previous titles we've had Menace, Clones, Sith, Hope, Empire, Jedi, Force, everyone different... so why do we need "Jedi" again? Surely there's many things going on in the Star Wars saga for Disney to pick an element to use in the new title, rather than recycling something that's already been done. Now what will they choose for Episode IX? "Rise of the Jedi", "Curse of the Jedi", "The Fall of the Jedi", "Son of the Jedi", "The Jedi Rides Again", "The Jedi Versus the Jedi", "House of the Jedi", "The Ghost of the Jedi", "Bride of the Jedi", "The Evil of the Jedi", "I, Jedi", "I Married a Jedi", etc.

Last edited:
My thoughts exactly, Ste7en! Another example of why Disney shouldn't have taken over the Star Wars franchise because they don't even know the rules of choosing a Star Wars title. Firstly, all Star Wars titles tend to be of traditional style like those of B-movies (eg "Attack of the..", "Revenge of the...", "Return of the...", "...Strikes Back", "The Phantom...", so at least that's something they got correct with "The Last Jedi." But what they didn't get right is that the subject noun of the title (Jedi) needs to unique from other titles. In previous titles we've had Menace, Clones, Sith, Hope, Empire, Jedi, Force, everyone different... so why do we need "Jedi" again? Surely there's many things gong on in the Star Wars saga for Disney to pick an element to use in the new title, rather than recycling something that's already been done. Now what will they choose for Episode IX? "Rise of the Jedi", "Curse of the Jedi", "The Fall of the Jedi", "Son of the Jedi", "The Jedi Rides Again", "The Jedi Versus the Jedi", "House of the Jedi", "The Ghost of the Jedi", "Bride of the Jedi", "The Evil of the Jedi", "I, Jedi", "I Married a Jedi", etc.

I Spit on Your Jedi?
The Return of the Magnificent Jedi?
The Wild Jedi?
How to Train Your Jedi?
Jedispotting?
BFJ? (The steroid version)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom