Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Indiana Jones

Amazon US is shipping to the UK again
Over £40 for one film though, far better going the Mario route at £28 IMO

rulocal

Evinger

Evinger

Got this from our rental deal & watched it last week. It was great to see the uptick in the PQ, though it did of course sometimes show up the shortcomings in the greenscreen technology of that time. And I believe that I am spoilt after the Rogue One 4K, but the laser bolts in the fights within the Death Star looked particularly false. But overall fabulous!
Personally, though, I wasn't so wowed with the Atmos part of the soundtrack. The 5.1 part was great, but the overhead stuff seemed light in comparison to some other Atmos Discs I have (Blade Runner, for example). My Atmos setup is .2 only, upfiring, so maybe with a full .4 or better I would have got the full effect, but as I say, never had a problem with other disks.

Anyhow, the Disk went back, and TESB is on it's way - REALLY looking forward to that one! :D

Indiana Jones

Got this from our rental deal & watched it last week. It was great to see the uptick in the PQ, though it did of course sometimes show up the shortcomings in the greenscreen technology of that time. And I believe that I am spoilt after the Rogue One 4K, but the laser bolts in the fights within the Death Star looked particularly false. But overall fabulous!
Personally, though, I wasn't so wowed with the Atmos part of the soundtrack. The 5.1 part was great, but the overhead stuff seemed light in comparison to some other Atmos Discs I have (Blade Runner, for example). My Atmos setup is .2 only, upfiring, so maybe with a full .4 or better I would have got the full effect, but as I say, never had a problem with other disks.

Anyhow, the Disk went back, and TESB is on it's way - REALLY looking forward to that one! :D
Sadly Empire is the worst looking of the Original Trilogy.

Evinger

Sadly Empire is the worst looking of the Original Trilogy.
Oh, Pooh! :(
Still, it is my favourite SW film next to Rogue One, so I'll still enjoy it :D

Converge

Just bought IV, V and Rogue One for £36 in the 3 4K UHD for £36 Amazon deal. Any one after the original trilogy might find this the cheapest option for now :)

Indiana Jones

Just bought IV, V and Rogue One for £36 in the 3 4K UHD for £36 Amazon deal. Any one after the original trilogy might find this the cheapest option for now :)
Certainly a good time to get them, I thought 2 for £30 was already great value.

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Anyone who recently ordered are they coming with slip covers? if so where did you get them from?
Ordered mine from Amazon at the end of August and all came with slips.

The latest video from AVForums

LG SN11RG Dolby Atmos Soundbar, plus, XBOOM Go PN7 & PL7 Wireless Speaker Reviews
Top Bottom