Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

Okay, I just read that the content of the Region 1 and Region 2 versions is the same. However, how are the transfers of the Region 1 and Region 2 versions? Is the picture and sound the same "quality" on both Regions?

All versions suffer from edge enhancement.

I have the R1 and the ee could be better. I think the R2 is supposed to be the best although I don't notice the ee after a while.

Get region 1.

In the making of it has the line by Ewan McGregor during light sabre rehearsal:

"Do you want to be in Star Wars they asked me? F***ing right I said".

In the R2 version this is apparently muffled to cover it up.

In terms of pic the R1 version looks more natural.

Presumably the region 2 dvd will be cut the same as the cinema version?! :confused:

I know this is off topic a bit, but i remember that my R1 dvd had a number of extra scenes then i had on the vhs version..... im presuming this means that there are cuts, so to what extent are the cuts???

ad

They weren't cuts in a BBFC style, they were just deemed superfluous by Lucas at the time. The pod race is extended and there is a taxi shuttle scene on Coruscant.

Originally posted by Metallifux
They weren't cuts in a BBFC style, they were just deemed superfluous by Lucas at the time. The pod race is extended and there is a taxi shuttle scene on Coruscant.

so that is all?

ad

Originally posted by Lex
Presumably the region 2 dvd will be cut the same as the cinema version?! :confused:

Oops! I thought we were talking about AOTC! :blush: :rolleyes: :D

The R2 version has better picture quality and less EE. IT also has a PAL version of the THX Optimizer which can come in handy.

what version of Attack of the clones should we go for

region 1 is uncut
region 2 is cut
region 4 is uncut

is the dvd region 1 the same as the region 4 or this there more extras on the region 1.

are the extras the same on all regions or is the only difference the headbutt cut,, on region 2

from pete

Surely the main reason for buying a DVD should be whether or not the film was any good:confused:

If this is the case, then surely you should not consider buying this piece of crap at all.

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
Surely the main reason for buying a DVD should be whether or not the film was any good:confused:

If this is the case, then surely you should not consider buying this piece of crap at all.

That's rather a novel concept for DVD Talk :)

Which forum should be used for asking which version of a film has the best PQ, sound quality, or extras then?

I assume that if someone wants to know which version of the film to buy then they have already considered whether or not they will like the film.

Even for a pile of sh*te like TPM...

Fair point Liam

I am just in a bad mood, it turns out I never actually murdered my wife and buried her under the patio, it was all a sweet, lovely dream.:(

Don't apologise to Liam as it's him that's in a bad mood, posting stroppy comments like that.

He is correct though, this particular forum is for discussing various regional differences and technical aspects of a DVD.

The correct forum for discussing the artistic merits of a film is the TV and Movies forum.

You are to be forgiven for not realising that there was a seperate forum as hardly anyone visits it, seeing as everyone already knows which films have loud bangs and monsters in.

Originally posted by Ian J
The correct forum for discussing the artistic merits of a film is the TV and Movies forum.

You are to be forgiven for not realising that there was a seperate forum as hardly anyone visits it, seeing as everyone already knows which films have loud bangs and monsters in.
Well people should go there more often as I often feel very lonely there on my own.:(

Originally posted by Ian J
Don't apologise to Liam as it's him that's in a bad mood, posting stroppy comments like that.
That's coz I'm in work trying to finish off some documentation (and not being able to stop having a quick peek at the forum...).

...everyone already knows which films have loud bangs ... in.
Yes - see the "Friday night adult viewing on Sky" thread for that.

Cheers,
Liam

i agree TPM was a load of crap,

but i was asking what version of AOTC to get,

cause I didn't what to open yet another star wars thread.....

from pete

Originally posted by pete18
i agree TPM was a load of crap,

but i was asking what version of AOTC to get,

cause I didn't what to open yet another star wars thread.....

from pete
You know, I put AOTC in my post at first, noticed the title of the thread and changed it to TPM, assuming I'd made a mistake... :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Liam

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom