Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 4K Steelbook (Zavvi Exclusive)

Tbh, it's the only one I've ever had that's not come on time, and the only one that's not come in cardboard packaging, so I'm just wondering If the fact that it was in a jiffy bag, had something to do with it arriving late, either that or it just got lost by Royal Mail at their mail centre. Who knows?

Got response from Zavvi regarding my missing in post copy. Asked if I wanted a refund, or for them to send me another copy. Opted for the latter, so hopefully that one arrives.

Same for me.

Well over 2 weeks delay and still not received my copy. I have also been offered a replacement which is great. Hopefully it will arrive soon. My Episode II copy arrived today with no problems and on time.

The Saga continues......(as they say).

Same for me.

Well over 2 weeks delay and still not received my copy. I have also been offered a replacement which is great. Hopefully it will arrive soon. My Episode II copy arrived today with no problems and on time.

The Saga continues......(as they say).
Zavvi have confirmed a replacement will be issued, and will send an email once it’s been posted. Fingers crossed it arrives safely. Although it’s been a pain, as they kept wanting me to wait till a set date. But they’ve responded pretty swiftly once that has passed.

Well, I just received an email saying that a replacement has been dispatched at no extra charge, so it now looks like I'll end up with a spare copy...

Shame it had to be the one with Jar Jar in it. 😭

Ok. The saga really does continue on this one.

The other day, I received a customs card, asking me to pay £13.40 custom fees for a parcel. Didn’t have a clue what it was, but paid the fees. Post arrives today, and you’ll have fussed correctly, it’s my replacement copy that went missing in the post. So, I’ve paid £29.99 for the film, and then £13.40 custom fees on top taking it to £43.39, because of there mistake. I’m absolutely livid!!

The other day, I received a customs card, asking me to pay £13.40 custom fees for a parcel. Didn’t have a clue what it was, but paid the fees. Post arrives today, and you’ll have fussed correctly, it’s my replacement copy that went missing in the post. So, I’ve paid £29.99 for the film, and then £13.40 custom fees on top taking it to £43.39, because of there mistake. I’m absolutely livid!!

Didn't they input £0,00 on the replacement parcel?
You gotta love Brexit though, sucks for outsiders.
Your fees are not too bad compared to what they ask here in Belgium... fees are usually more then £30.

Didn't they input £0,00 on the replacement parcel?
You gotta love Brexit though, sucks for outsiders.
Your fees are not too bad compared to what they ask here in Belgium... fees are usually more then £30.
But I’m in the UK, and have never ever paid customs for Zavvi orders. I wouldn’t mind if I paid customs, but to be charged and the fact I’ve been charged it as a replacement is shocking.

But I’m in the UK, and have never ever paid customs for Zavvi orders. I wouldn’t mind if I paid customs, but to be charged and the fact I’ve been charged it as a replacement is shocking.
you should not be charged,get on to zavvi and or rm.

you should not be charged,get on to zavvi and or rm.
The parcel came from Guernsey, and the PO Box is for The Hut. I'll be getting on to Zavvi, to see what they can do. Its just very frustrating, and for that price I may as well bought a replacement from eBay, and asked them to refund me. A complete joke.

The parcel came from Guernsey, and the PO Box is for The Hut. I'll be getting on to Zavvi, to see what they can do. Its just very frustrating, and for that price I may as well bought a replacement from eBay, and asked them to refund me. A complete joke.
zavvi are a disaster and this goes to a new level,they will refund you im sure,not your fault.

zavvi are a disaster and this goes to a new level,they will refund you im sure,not your fault.
I’m sure they will, but they’re getting worse and worse. This is beyond a joke.

Wasn't sure if you were in the UK....
Don't think Zavvi's at fault though as Guernsey is still part of the UK no?
Buying good inside the UK and having to pay customs is a bad joke, that's for sure.
Edit: Replacements are still considered commercial goods though, so customs are possible on those.

Buying good inside the UK and having to pay customs is a bad joke, that's for sure.
Edit: Replacements are still considered commercial goods though, so customs are possible on those.
No worries, after posting it clicked you may not realise.
yep, it’s all part and parcel. So haven’t a clue why I’ve been charged.

From Google search

AA Guernsey.jpg

Also companies were set up in the channel islands to avoid paying UK tax's and been mentioned some disc coming from them copping it when they dropped the tax free limit from £18 to £15. Funny one of the few things that does not go up with inflation.

I am aware Guernsey isn't part of Europe mate, the UK isn't anymore neither since January 31st 2020.
My question was: Is Guernsey part of the UK when is comes to customs?
See my edited post above wrote whilst you were quoting original.
Guernsey does not come under UK jurisdiction I suppose like The Isle Of Man which are Crown Dependences but have there own parliament.
Also stuff from Europe still not attracting import duty at present as far as I noticed.

See my edited post above wrote whilst you were quoting original.
Guernsey does not come under UK jurisdiction I suppose like The Isle Of Man which are Crown Dependences but have there own parliament.
Also stuff from Europe still not attracting import duty at present as far as I noticed.

I see,
Makes me laugh how nothing is ever certain with these custom fees, although it has changed these last few months...
My last 3 orders came from Guernsey and 2 out of 3 tried to make me pay customs here in Belgium.
I simply refused and stuff got send back. Since then, i'm not buying anything above €22 from Zavvi.
Customs here are extreme where you have to pay £30 extra on top of your order if it is above €22.
Simply insane!

I feel for you. However, at least you have a copy.

I'm still waiting for my replacement which should have arrived by yesterday. I'll wait until tomorrow, and send an email and will probably have to wait 2 weeks for a resolution.

I received my Episode II no problems, but Episode 1 has been a pain so far.

As an update on my customs charges. Zavvi have responded, and agree I shouldn’t have been charged. They asked me to send the receipt of payment (I already had - *rolls eyes*), so resent it them. Said they’re issuing a refund, and will be in my bank in about 5-7days.

Here's another one gone missing during shipment... The first time for me that a shipment fails entirely. A real bummer it had to be this one! :thumbsdow

PQ is terrible on this barely above BD quality like all the other SW 4K UHD discs massive letdown & barely worth 3 for £36 due to how little effort put into converting the Disney+ streams onto disc as these appear to be those & not proper transfers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom