Star Wars Dvd

M

matthew jenner

I have seen on some auction sites, the entire Star wars films on Dvd all boasting dolby digital and other features, all i want to know is how can these disks be available when lucas film refuses to put them onto dvd, and if i bought one of these sets would i be breaking the copywright laws ?

They are most likely to be illegally ripped copies of either the laserdisc versions or, worse still VHS or, worse still, videocamera copies from the cinema - all of which I have seen in one guise or another. (Watched a malayan version of a Disney movie once and really felt like I was at the cinema - mainly cos I could see the backs of the heads of the 2 rows in front of mine at the bottom of the screen!)

Yes they are illegal and infringe or completely disregard copyright laws worldwide. They often come under the badge of DVD Silvers. Unfortunately, very often you wouldn't know what you are buying (quality wise) and the picture and sound is often much poorer than a genuine release.

Lucasfilm suggests there will be no release in America for at least another 6-9 months and these will be staggered if at all. UK release of all 4 current movies, if at all, will be several years down the line - by which time DVD in its current guise will be superceded by a HD version.

it may be in dolby digital, but do you won't to hear the bloke in front russeling his popcorn.......

thanks all for your comments i nearly £102
for a complete set due to the fact it said factory sealed and with many extra's,they seemed to bve genuine but my suspicions were aroused when it said regional coding free,
thanks for all your comments

matt

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom