1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Dvd News

Discussion in 'Star Wars Movies Forum' started by grease monkey, May 12, 2005.

1. grease monkey

grease monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  2. JBL 4645

JBL 4645
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I have heard about this sometime last year, no I am not at all surprised, oh well as long as the films come with a John Williams Dolby six-track music score on one of the audio tracks for each film that will be just fine…

This will take up a lot of the DVD storage space; HD-DVD is on the horizon and something tells me there will be yet another realise…

And lord knows this may represent a 7th Dolby six-track version of Star Wars episode 4 a new hope…

So if you are a laserdisc owner, keep it I have kept the Star Wars Definitive collection THX box set NTSC and the Star Wars special edition THX box set NTSC, Return of the Jedi widescreen NTSC and a rare Pal version pressing Star Wars episode 4 a new hope, which is not on the opening of the film, this is how it was shown in 1977, the disc is a pan & scan edition with Dolby stereo surround, on the analogue track.

http://www.jmgkorea.com/image/cinemasolution/4645c.gif

But hay…

….It’s only a movie…

Alfred Hitchcock.

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I don't think I'll be dipping into another SW boxset until the hi-def formats are out. I've already got all 5 films on standard dvd, can't see any reason to buy them all again for a few extras.

4. petecowie

petecowie
    R.I.P.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Have you any idea what this is worth, I have a copy of this (and the 9 Disc NTSC and the Special Edition) just like you

I'm more excited about the 2007 3D edition of epsiodes 4-6 :thumbsup:

Pete