Star Wars book Collections?

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI

I am interested in buying a set of books that include all 6 movies and anything in between each film.

Can any of you more well informed folk recommend a set, or failing that, the individual books for me to purchase.

Hardcover is preferable, budget around £125.

Thanks

Shadows of the Empire. Kevin J Anderson. Set between Empire and Jedi.

Google Star Wars book time line. There are quite a few.

Off the top of my head...

Old canon:

Phantom Menace - Terry Brooks
Rogue Planet - Greg Bear
Outbound Flight - Tim Zahn

The Approaching Storm - Alan Dean Foster
Attack of the Clones
Dozens of Clone War novels...
Revenge of the Sith
Tarkin - James Luceno
Han Solo Trilogy - AC Crispin
Star Wars - George Lucas
Splinters of the mind's eye - Alan Dean Foster
Empire Strikes Back - Donald F Glut

Shadows of the Empire - Steve Perry
Return of the Jedi

Short story collections:
Tales from Mos Eisley
Tales of the Bounty Hunters
Tales from Jabba's Palace

In Bold are the ones I'd recommend

I haven't read any new canon books yet, waiting until Force Awakens comes out.

My mistake. I could have sworn Shadows was an Anderson book.

I know very little about pre Return of the Jedi books, all my interest was post.

My mistake. I could have sworn Shadows was an Anderson book.

I know very little about pre Return of the Jedi books, all my interest was post.

He did the Jedi Academy trilogy, where Luke starts up a new Jedi training school on Yavin IV, and a load of short stories.

Shadows of the Empire kickstarted my Star Wars obsession. I got a free preview copy on an old Nintendo mag and was hooked from then on.

Shadows of the Empire kickstarted my Star Wars obsession. I got a free preview copy on an old Nintendo mag and was hooked from then on.

Mine was the Timothy Zahn trilogy. I was never really interested in the prequel stuff. I have pretty much everything from Return of the Jedi to the Legacy of the Force series. Rogue and Wraith squadron are probably favourite. Or my favourite set of characters anyway. Love the Vong war books with Wedge in.

Some of the books mentioned are good. The early ones, Splinter of the Mind's Eye and I would add the first Han Solo Trilogy books by Brian Daley are quite different from other books. I liked the Timothy Zhan trilogy as well. Some of the X-Wing books are pretty good and I also liked I-Jedi. I would avoid the Yuuzhan Vong books though, lots of them and a very mixed bag.

Which were the Thrawn books...Jedi academy? Been years since I read them but they were post ROTJ. Thoroughly enjoyable though. The tales books are cracking, collection of short stories about some of the background characters.

A couple of years ago I read Death Troopers for something a bit different, fairly enjoyable as a throw away SW based read, think it's between EP V-IV

There was originally a Thrawn trilogy which started with Heir to the Empire and was followed by Dark Force Rising and The Last Command. There was a later duology but it wasn't as good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom