Star Wars Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Rick Dean from THX hints at the work going into the Star Wars Blu-rays coming soon. Click here to see the video and comment.

Blocked at work so I can't see it, but I hope the words 'properly colour-correcting everything and fixing the audio errors on ANH' are in there. :D

It's funny, but this came up in conversation the other day.

I was stood in line outside a book signing for I Was A Teaboy On Return of the Jedi dressed as an Imperial Stormtrooper, and I turned to my mate Luke (he's not really called luke, he's called Frank, but he insists he's had his name changed to Luke Skywalker by Deed Pole - I've not seen the documentation) and said "Young Jedi, when do you think Master Lucas will release our beloved history on Blu-ray Disc".

"Soon Obi, soon" came the reply. "I contacted my bank manager only yesterday and he said I now had enough equity in my house to re-mortgage. Nice Stormtrooper outfit by the way - better than the rug you wore last week when you were pretending to be Chewy".

Amazingly we were the only ones there for the book signing. All the other customers weren't in any kind of uniform, and some of the blokes had women with them who they referred to as 'girlfriends'. :confused:

I'll get me coat. :smashin:

Seriously, I know these films are much loved in some quarters, but let's hope he just puts the whole lot out at once, with both original and 'butchered/improved' (depending on your point of view) versions included, rather thank milking all the fans. Again.

I strongly suspect we'll see at least 3 releases:

- 'New' versions
- Original versions
- 3-D versions

Steve W

I'm more concerned on the price - I can see £60+ per trilogy and the same every version that gets released :mad:

Sorry ... maybe a tad cynical :D

I do fancy seeing them but as above hope they include all the versions in the same disc and give the option on which one you watch while it plays

When they do get released I bet Greedo still shoots first.:(

There's a cracking fan edit of Episode IV, it's called Star Wars Revisited. Available through the appropriate channels and took the chap involved two years to do. THAT'S the version that should be released.

There's a cracking fan edit of Episode IV, it's called Star Wars Revisited. Available through the appropriate channels and took the chap involved two years to do. THAT'S the version that should be released.

I concur.

Best version ever...

Looking forward to Empire Revisited, Hopefully this year :clap:

Have you watched it with the subtitles on ? there's a subtitle track in which the 'fan' lists the changes made as you're viewing :smashin:

It's quite shocking the amount of editing he done :eek:

I can't wait for this when it finally arrives on Blu Ray, its should look amazing.

Have you watched it with the subtitles on ? there's a subtitle track in which the 'fan' lists the changes made as you're viewing :smashin:

My favourite is battle and the end with lots more Tie Fighters in it. Also, Chewie finally gets a medal.

Here are all the changes -

ANHR Visual Comparson part 1

ANHR Visual Comparson part 2

I have no intention of getting any Blu Ray of any Star Wars film. The fan edit is the best version of ANH. It also looks pretty good uspcaled.

My favourite is battle and the end with lots more Tie Fighters in it. Also, Chewie finally gets a medal.

Here are all the changes -

ANHR Visual Comparson part 1

ANHR Visual Comparson part 2

I have no intention of getting any Blu Ray of any Star Wars film. The fan edit is the best version of ANH. It also looks pretty good uspcaled.

wow that looks great! I have Adywan's HD versions of Ep 4 & 5 that are just colour corrected and have the Laserdisc sound. They look and sound great, but this look like its worth checking out!!

Yeah, I found it hilarious that he stopped pointing everything out when it came to the attack on the Death Star, as he changed something in nearly every shot. I can't imagine how painstaking it must of been.

Last edited:
just saw this one but as an xvod, is there anyplace where u can buy these or something?? cuz the rip is a bid bad actually.

There's a full NTSC DVD-5 version out there. Looks lovely upscaled.

As we all know, Lucas will only release a version he's happy with. I'm confident we'll never see the originals in HD. The fans screamed for the originals and what did we get....non anamorphic laserdisc masters that looked terrible.

Thanks to the internet I have all the movies in HD and they look great. In fact the original trilogy I think looks better than the prequels.

Adywan does do some good work, the 1080p/24fps releases of Episodes 1/4/5 are fantastic and will probaley beat whatever Lucas releases as Adywan spent alot of time trying to get them as close to the original theatrical releases as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom