Star Wars Battlefront?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by z5461313, Nov 3, 2005.

1. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    Is anyone playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 online?

I've got it but it seems too laggy to play it and the software writers have not set up any servers themselves to play the game

Its a great idea but I think this is going to fail like the first one because they do not have the online technology to pull it off

Its just a struggle to play it and eventually you give up and play something else

2. Shoki

Shoki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Had a few good games with it, look for dedicated pc servers on the mp lobby, not many of them i know, think its ok for a quick fix but a very shallow experience imho. Although i do admit playing on a team of jawas all armed to the teeth and chattering away constantly did amuse me ;)

3. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +288
    I turned off high shadows to low shadows and now the game runs really smoothly with all graphics set to high!

I can defintely recommend this game as alot of fun!!

Points that stand out:

There is a capture the flag in space. You can fly a Tie Fighter or Alliance X-wing and have to fly to capture a flag and then get it home to base. This is really good as when you have the flag and your trying to get home sometimes you get a tie fighter on your tail and your trying to avoid the lazer bolts just to get the flag home.

Or you can protect someone on your team and if you see they have a tie fighter on their tail, you can be a protective wing man and try and strafe the attacker of the person on your side

Also any game that lets you be a destructive robot against the clone troopers has to be a recommended game!!

There is even one game where one side just plays Giant White Bears against the republic and you have to kill all of the other team

Its alot of fun

4. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i was gonna ask a question on another topic about this but ill ask here

is this game like a fps game but with lightsabers and jedis etc? :p

5. Shoki

Shoki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Oxygenuk, yeah that pretty much sums it up, can play the game in 1st or 3rd person view, except for the hero's and the vehicles which are 3rd person only, very fast paced game with life expectency being very short, think its more like Halo mp than Battlefield 2, has more of an arcade feel about it.

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

oh damn you.....now i might just have to buy the game for this sole reason....LOLOLOL

once i put down Civ4 tho...heh...just about to fire it up for the first time, doubt i'll see daylight for a few weeks....*grins*

7. Shoki

Shoki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Well it still makes me laugh everytime i play it, wish i could say the same playing as an ewok, but trying to take on the empire with a pointy stick, a couple of rocks and what i can only presume is some pretty harsh ewok language really seems a little futile :s