Star Wars: Battlefront (PS4)

TheBunkDontSwim

Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this.

EA anounced it was in development at last years E3. Dice are on development duties. Star Wars Battlefield style? Yes please.

More details to follow at this years E3.

'Publisher Electronic Arts plans to show more from Star Wars: Battlefront, the DICE-developed game set in the Star Wars universe, at this year's E3, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said during an investor call today.
In response to a request for an update on EA's slate of Star Wars titles, Wilson said it expects to reveal more about the new Battlefront "and other new projects in development" at the annual game expo.
EA announced the new Frostbite-powered Star Wars: Battlefront at last year's E3, in the form a brief teaser trailer seemingly set on the frozen planet Hoth. The company expects to release the game, one of the first in its exclusive publishing agreement with Disney, as early as summer 2015. Other Star Wars titles are in development at EA-owned studios Visceral Games and BioWare.
Wilson said earlier in the call that Electronic Arts expects to show as many as six new titles at this year's E3 show.'

Star Wars: Battlefront to be shown at E3 2014, EA says | Polygon

Teaser trailer from last years E3

:clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

Det

Distinguished Member
Bumpz

meweavy

Like a sheep I will buy this,even if it is dice and ea,it's Star Wars next gen man.

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Like a sheep I will buy this,even if it is dice and ea,it's Star Wars next gen man.
Yup me to anything Star Wars / game I get a little wet ....then usually very dissapointed but like a moth I'm drawn to the flame...and it shines so bright.

D

Deleted member 92943

This could be the first Star Wars game I've played in years.

meweavy

I think we'll get to see some gameplay at E3 next month.
I hope so,this is one game where I will even play the single player.
Single player Star Wars should be an epic game if done right.
Really looking forwards to this,even if it is dice and ea making it.

paul1979

Distinguished Member
This game looks great.... i kept thinking jammy gets getting to go to all the old locations!

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
nothing of what the game is going to really look like or play, yeah the in engine footage looks amazing but you can bet that's not console footage , I will be more excited for actual game footage but I guess we need to wait until next E3 for that.

THE_FORCE

Banned
If something looks too good to be true then.....

I need that Death Star in my life though.

D

Deleted member 92943

This will be Epic. Bet it doesn't come out in the spring

TheRobotman

Distinguished Member
It amazes me there isn't more hype surrounding this?

Could be my age but a Star Wars game that has the potential to be Battlefield in Snowspeeders and AT-AT's? Seriously? I'm up all night every night playing that! That's back to the AVF glory days of MW2 and a half dozen parties of AVFers playing into the early hours of a Tuesday night in my head.

New information on this game can't come soon enough for me.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Think that's the problem though, there's no info out there to get the hype going. Dice are making a star wars game and a quick concept of a speeder flying in trees.

Until we some some proper footage of the game and how it looks like its going to play I'm pretty much in the meh camp with this one.

TheRobotman

Distinguished Member
Think that's the problem though, there's no info out there to get the hype going. Dice are making a star wars game and a quick concept of a speeder flying in trees.
So where's the fun in that?

I seen a Snowspeeder! That and it's made by the people who make Battlefield. Add some wild speculation and we've got a Hype Train boarding! Get on, you know you want to. choo choo

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
There is no way that I won't be getting this. Nil. Nada. Zip.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett