Star Wars Battlefront II Mouse problem

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Mouse clicks are not recognised in the game, so I can't get past the initial player setup screen!
Anyone else experienced this problem?

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Neither my Logitech MX510 or a Microsoft Optical mouse or a Gyration wireless mouse work.
I installed the latest Logitech driver but that didn't work.
I uninstalled the Logitech driver completely and that didn't work.
I booted with none of the start programs running and that didn't work.
I removed all the ATI drivers and reinstalled the graphics drivers. That didn't work.
I tried it with USB mouse enabled and disabled in the BIOS and that didn't work.
I'm stumped. Although I don't wish this problem on anyone, I hope I'm not alone with it.

Digger

What other devices are plugged in. Try unplugging everything. Modems, game controllers, all usb/firewire devices, leaving bare minimum, keyboard and mouse

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
A Nostromo gaming controller was plugged in, but that's been removed. Just got the graphics card, and that's it for items plugged in. Except a scanner and a printer. Can't believe either of those would make any difference.

Digger

you'd be surprised! Unplug everything Stuart. It does happen. Then reboot and try again

Digger

Try a USB/PS2 adapter for the mouse. That should be a temporary fix at a guess. Also try a different USB socket

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Digger, thanks. Surprisingly after unplugging everything, it worked!!! Yay!!!
More surprisingly after plugging everything back in (most likely not into the same USB sockets), it still worked !|||???
That's ****** computers for you! Totally random, inexplicable and unpredicatable behaviour. Could be designed by women! :)

Digger

Sounds like one of the usb sockets was hogging resources. Can happen with some printers I believe, typically HP and its drivers. Glad its working now. Might be worth trying to work out which device, which socket for future use.
:smashin:

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Actually I have nailed it down to a conflict with the Realflight R/C Flight Simulator. Unplug it and everything is fine.
Thanks.

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom