Star Wars - £50.97

cmdrmarc

To be fair, SW has a much bigger fanbase, and looking at the prices for the DVDs when they first came out, I think we could be waiting a fair bit longer for this set to be reduced.

nwgarratt

It still took some time for the Alien set to be £14. It came out on 25th October 2010 and took till November 2011 for a £14 price. It just seems shorter. There are also 4 discs more in the SW set.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
If I dont get it for Xmas (and Im pretty sure I will get it) Ill get it in the new year - and Ill be paying less than this I bet! :)

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
To be fair, SW has a much bigger fanbase, and looking at the prices for the DVDs when they first came out, I think we could be waiting a fair bit longer for this set to be reduced.
I don't think it works like that. I imagine the distributors have huge quantities of this boxset all taking up shelf space. Sooner or later they'll need to clear up some of that shelf space by shifting these and with the rate of new releases accelerating I'd imagine it will be sooner rather than later..

cmdrmarc

You could be right - I guess the LOTR set has come down quicker than I would have expected. I was comparing to the Star Trek complete series sets that rarely come down in price, and when they do (Amazon Black Friday) they get snapped up very quickly).

scrufftyguy

Does anyone know the dimensions of the packaging? Just wondering if it'll fit through my letter box. Cheers. :)

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know the dimensions of the packaging? Just wondering if it'll fit through my letter box. Cheers. :)

Wont fit through your letter box mate unless you have a huge hole in the door :D

scrufftyguy

Cheers for the reply! That's a shame...gonna have to wait a while 'til I order it then, mind you it might just keep on slowly dropping in price for a while.

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Cheers for the reply! That's a shame...gonna have to wait a while 'til I order it then, mind you it might just keep on slowly dropping in price for a while.

Once someone drops the price then its only time before others drop the price until its at the nice £20 mark and then il still not be buying this pap :laugh: (no offence to fans)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom