• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Star (Ulefone) u9592

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
I've been getting into chinese phones for a while now and have bought a few to test (Pulid, HDC, THL) and must say I've been pleasantly surprised! I know the Star brand is quite popular and well known even within this forum so I was wondering whether anyone has come across this one from them:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/ulefo...-mtk6592-1-7g/180255788.html#s1-1-1|636664328

Star (Ulefone) U9592 Smartphone MTK6592 2GB 16GB Android 4.2 OTG Air Gesture 5.0 Inch (Black): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Youtube review:

It looks amazing and I'm probably going to put an order in but just wanted to see if anyone else had seen this or been tempted by it? Only thing is the first link says it has a 1280 x 720 display whereas the second amazon link says it has a 854 x 480 display. Serioulsy tempted by the price and specs :)

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Just confirmed with DHgate seller that the resolution is 854 x 480 fwvga display which is similar to the galaxy s2 IIRC although the S2 was SAMOLED and this is IPS. This might be a sticking point for me as not sure whether the drop in resolution would be hugely noticable, although if its as good as the S2 then thats fine by me!

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Well, I took the plunge and ordered one of these from DHgate, this is the link:

http://www.dhgate.com/product/ulefo...mtk6592-1-7g/180255788.html#s1-1-1|1878516247

and my GOD what a cracking bit of kit. I am absolutely over the moon with this, in almost every way possible it competes up there with the big boys. Its fast, can multitask like a dream, great wifi, 3g speed, amazing colours, so sharp and vibrant and is built like a quality piece of equipment. I'll do a proper review very soon and will put some pics up and maybe even a vid if I can figure it out. Only downside and I mean the only downsize is that the resolution is not HD, its a fwvga screen with a resolution of 480x854 i believe. It looks like an S4 and even uses a touchwiz UI which is a great copy. Will do a proper in depth review in the next couple days, in the meantime if there is anything specific you want me to focus on just let me know. Total cost for me including DHL express delivery which arrrived in 3days from china was £128 and I had to pay £3.57 tax lol!

Look forward to my in depth review coming soon!!

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
I know this thread hasnt had any activity (apart from mine lol) but i've done a video review of this phone and posted it over on youtube (its my first review ever and has been filmed rather crudely so excuse the aspect ratio and my stuttering lol) but I wanted to show the device running and for people to get an idea of it. Here is the link to my video review:

as I say, for the price its a brilliant bit of kit and has impressed everyone who I've shown it to and I've had three people asking me to place an order for them. Enjoy the review and any questions just ask away.

cheers

Saf

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
well put together
am tempted to go for this

Thanks mate glad you liked it :) at the risk of sounding like a broken record, for the money this really is a no brainer. Go for it :). If you want to know anything specific just let me know!

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Twelve days in and this phone is a seriously impressive bit of kit. Its so fast its scary! It loads up web pages and YouTube videos in the blink of an eye and zips along at blinding speed. Absolutely no complaints with this phone and its dual sim dual standby to boot. Very pleased. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom