Star Trek: Voyager on Virgin1

Dean

I was always a big Next Gen fan and this in my opinion is the next best star trek. The series is currently being rerun on Virgin1 and even if you don't catch it during the week then there is a 12-5 slot on Saturday as well. I was going to buy the boxsets but I think I'll just record the whole series now. :smashin:

nwgarratt

I usually just buy dvd's of shows I like. It seems for me, that something goes wrong when trying to record. Things like accidently deleting episodes (I deleted the last half of NCIS S6 before I watched it). It hasn't been TV again yet. Also, recording failing for some reason happens a lot.

Voyager has 172 episodes so that is a lot of recording.

The strange thing, even though I have every star trek episode on DVD and do watch them regularly, I still watch episodes on V1. It started with watching TNG during lunch times.

Jamz3k

Novice Member
Voyager has aged pretty badly just like Next Generation. I cringe when watching most (if not all) episodes of Voyager.

On a better note, "The Pegasus" episode of TNG was on today, one of my fav episodes of ST.:D

Dean

Yeah it has been on a few times and it has aged, but that doesn't take away the fun of the series for me. I would agree recording can be a pain but when using something like 7MC it is as easy as pie (just a click to record a series). Plus it would take less hard disk space when compared to if I ripped the boxsets via VTS folder. The Virgin re-runs show the show in 4:3, does anyone know if the DVD boxsets are 16:9 (maybe worth it then)? The only annoying thing is of course the adverts. I also think I've always been strangely attracted to 7 of 9, I can watch her for hours. :devil:

soundstory

I usually just buy dvd's of shows I like. It seems for me, that something goes wrong when trying to record. Things like accidently deleting episodes (I deleted the last half of NCIS S6 before I watched it). It hasn't been TV again yet. Also, recording failing for some reason happens a lot.

Voyager has 172 episodes so that is a lot of recording.

The strange thing, even though I have every star trek episode on DVD and do watch them regularly, I still watch episodes on V1. It started with watching TNG during lunch times.
Yes if I was a fan of the show I'd buy the dvds, the dog's on virgin are awful & of course no need to edit out ads, I'd agree that it was by far the best option

RiceRocket

I've just watched the run of the last few months. I don't like the earlier seasons too much but I'll be keeping an eye out for when it comes round to the Scorpion two parter again, that opening sequence.... :D

mrapbp

Funnily enough I am just starting series 6 of this having watched it pretty much back to back over the last few months. Never really saw many of these when it originally aired.

Absolutely love it tbh, dont think it has aged to badly either. Certainly like it more than next gen and one of my favorite sci fi shows!