1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek VI - Disc Problem ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dr_Mike, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Watched Star Trek VI - Undiscovered Country SE R2 last night (£14 from CD-WOW). The playback freezes near the end of the film at about 1:40:00 although you can ffwd past it. I've only seen this type of thing before on badly marked rental disks, but this disk appears to be immaculate.

Do you think this is a faulty disk, or could it be a disc-player compatibility problem (I've got a Tosh SD220) ? Do you sometimes get disks which just don't work right even when undamaged ?

2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I had a similar problem with a star trek next gen season 1 (or 2, cant remember!) box set.

On one of the episodes on one of the disks, there is a pretty bad skip and missing parts of that episode.

Its a pain and that is the first time ive seen such a bad problem with a new DVD.
    Like you the DVD is new and has no marks.
    I would change it, but it is a large Box set and its only on one disk. The other episodes are all fine.

I would say it is a disk printing problem. If in your case its a single DVD movie, I would change it!

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,899
    Sounds like a faulty disc mate, strangely I have had quite a few faulty brand new discs lately, first my Waynes World Boxset had to go back because the second film freezes at a certain point and the only way past it is to skip 2 chapters (still havent had a replacement), the second was Resident Evil, got it for £5.99 from Choices Direct, came with the case smashed but the disc looked fine until it frooze up so that went back and only Monday I got Two Pints of Lager Series 3 & 4 and Disc 2 of Series 3 frooze about half way through the second episode so that has also gone back.

Either quality control has gone down quite abit or I am very unlucky lol

4. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Sounds like they are getting lazy! When technology is new it ususally works fine but once mass production goes into full swing, thats when they get sloppy and start making errors!

5. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks guys, guess it's got to go back. Anyone know what CD-WOW are like with returns ? I've lost the orginal order no.