Star Trek TOS Favourite Episode

My favorite episode of the original series is 'The Doomsday Machine'! :smashin:

What's yours?

shodan

Distinguished Member
Can't watch them. Can't stand Shatner. I did watch them ocassionaly with my dad many moons ago but no full episodes spring to mind, only snippets from episodes.

Starburst

Novice Member
City on the Edge of Forever is perfection and everything Trek stands for but if it's a little more action then a very close second is Balance of Terror.

AndyCob

The Doomsday Machine is good but I also always remember one with the giant 11,000 mile long amoeba invading the galaxy 'The Immunity Syndrome' and also 'Operation Annilhilate', got to watch out for those dangerous flying fried eggs from outer space.

IAN P

Novice Member
There's an interesting page on Wiki about his role,powers etc.

Used by a race called the Aegis to alter certain things in Earths past apparently.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Another vote for City on the Edge of Forever, I'm another one that loves a time travel story :)

oldnewbie

Novice Member
Another one for City on the Edge of Forever, But there are so many good ones, I also liked Who Mourns for Adonais and lets not forget The Devil in the Dark ;)

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
Definately City on the Edge of Forever.

I bought my first VCR in 1978 specifically to record it.

It cost £750 (more than my monthly salary) and the tapes were £15 for 150 mins, which held three episodes.

Of course, that was before I became a TG! ;)

oldnewbie

Novice Member
Definately City on the Edge of Forever.

I bought my first VCR in 1978 specifically to record it.

It cost £750 (more than my monthly salary) and the tapes were £15 for 150 mins, which held three episodes.

Of course, that was before I became a TG! ;)
Back in the day :thumbsup:

Garrett

The very first filmed Captain Kirk story Where No Man Has Gone Before . Is my all time favourite. Sally Kellerman:smashin: Always reminse me of the X-Men Dark Phoenix saga.

I also like the Arena episode based on a short story of the same name that there has be quite number of episode in series based on it e.g. Fun and Games in outer Limits.

And the Gary Seven one as well.

Like the line in The Doomsday Machine where Kirk starts panicking as says something like “Scotty I suggest if your beaming me up you do it now".