1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

star trek tos dvd`s

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ewin, Aug 21, 2004.

1. ewin

ewin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone have any info on the full length pliot of the Cage.As i have all the videos that where released a couple of years back and the first video starts with the Cage.
    Also any info on the pic and sound quailty or are they just taken of the single us dvd,which had a nice tranfer but the 5.1 sounded still like 2 channel or have they redone the sound again.

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    From what I have seen of the Season 1 DVD box set, the running order appears to follow the original order the episodes were broadcast in on US network television.

The original VHS releases more logically followed the order in which the episodes were produced. This is why "The Cage" was first, followed by the first broadcast pilot "Where No Man Has Gone Before".

The problem with the US running order on the DVD releases is that we have the first two broadcast episodes "The Man Trap" and "Charlie X" followed by the pilot episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before", with its different uniforms and crew members.

This being the case then "The Cage" will probably be at the end of the final box set in the series, as although it was the first "Star Trek" ever produced in the '60s, it was never broadcast until the mid 1980s.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,931
    'The Cage' episode is actually on the very last Volume of the R1 TOS releases so I wouldnt be suprised if its the last episode on the Season 3 Boxset or if its a bonus episode in the extras.