1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek TNG R2 is it cut?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by graham.myers, Jan 29, 2003.

1. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got Seaon 1 TNG R2 - the one in the plastic case.

I remembered last night that one particular episode (probably more) was editied when shown on UK TV.

It was the episode where Data, on the bridge, said that British troops had moved out of Northern Ireland. I think it was a Ferengi episode.

So is the R2 version of this episode cut as in the TV showing or are they OK.

2. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, after some investigation i found the episode I was referring to.

Its in season 3 and the epidose is The High Ground.

So anybody got R2 season 3 set. Does this episode (about terrorism) mention anything about Northen Ireland?

If it does I'll stick to R2, if not I'll sell my season 1 and start getting R1.

rewind says there are no cuts, but does this mean no cuts from the UK aired episiodes - This episode wasn't even shown in the original run on Sky, and subsequently editied for the re-runs

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Graham,

As far as I know, the episodes were always left UNCUT and intact, when Paramount released them onto VHS. The epsiodes were only ever cut for TV.

You may want to try contacting Paramount directly, or do a check on the BBFC website to verify if any versions of this particular episode were ever cut.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Pooch

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Pooch:clap:

5. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I seem to remember seeing this on SKY or BBC2 in it's uncut version, I have not seen this on dvd yet but I'm pretty sure I've seen it so it can only have been on t.v.