Star Trek - The Video Game

mozza54

My copy was unlocked this morning so I had a quick go before work. Its not half bad actually, really does capture the whole Star Trek look and I like the plot. Gameplay wise, its a pretty standard 3rd person shooter, no real complaints apart from paying £40 for it.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Read some reviews yesterday and it wasn't looking good.

Taken from the CVG review:

Prejudiced after years of being burned by promising, but ultimately rubbish, film spin-offs, we weren't expecting much from Star Trek. There are some decent ideas in here - like being able to scan the environment, Metroid Prime-style, with the tricorder - but they're outweighed by flat combat, clunky controls, and uninspiring level design. Strip away the license and you're left with an underwhelming shooter punctuated by endless hacking mini-games and woeful space combat.

Last edited:

mozza54

IvyFanBoy said:
Why on earth would you pay full price? Saw it yesterday for 23 quid

I had a steam voucher at the time and the game looked pretty promising.. There wasn't much else I was after at the time. As I said, it's not a half bad game, I've spent more on much worse in the past.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
mozza54 said:
I had a steam voucher at the time and the game looked pretty promising.. There wasn't much else I was after at the time. As I said, it's not a half bad game, I've spent more on much worse in the past.

You played 'Lost: The Video Game' too then.

AML

After looking at reviews this is a no go for me.

Too bad, was looking forward to it. :(

aslird

34% metacritic score - you may want to read some reviews first :)

enigma1701

I think it was £10 during the steam sale and I couldn't bring myself to buy it cos of the bad reviews!

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
WTB Bridge Commander II

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom