1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Trek The Motion Picture Packaging?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Indiana Jones, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,900
    I originally bought Star Trek The Motion Picture on Region 1 but then started to collect the 2 Disc Special Editions on Region 2 so I sold it on and bought The Motion Picture on Region 2 for about £8.00

My questions though is this, did the first batch of Star Trek The Motion Picture come in a silver amaray dvd case with a Cardboard Slipcase like Star Trek 2-6 SE do or did it always just come in a normal black amarary dvd case?

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    None of the above!

TMP did have a silver amaray case, but not a cardboard sleeve! So basically it doesn't match the rest of them - don't know why they couldn't make them all match, I guess they didn't come up with the idea until after TMP had been released! :rolleyes: :( :thumbsdow

3. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I remember reading on a forum once about this same issue. I believe the answer most gave was that TPM & Generations will be in different coloured sleeves to show start of each crew series.

So Generations will have a sleeve of colour X followed by First Contact, Insurrection & Nemesis in silver sleeves.